1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sagging leaf / should I use AAL

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by gsanderson, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:23 PM
    gsanderson

gsanderson [OP] Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma X-cab 4X4
    OK... went to install billy 5100's and it seems my leafs have sagged enough that my shocks are tight...

I have a 95.5 with 230000 and the rear sits about 0.5" lower than the
    front...

looking a new leaf packs...

if I get 1.5 or 2" AAL will this fix my problem or will my load capacity be comprimised... I do not haul stuff often but want it to be there if I need it

since my leafs are sagging will the AAL get me back to just original or still add some... I would guess it would just get me back close to original but wanted to see if anyone had experience...

If you suggest new leaf packs then what should I go with... The versions from Wheele off road with 5 leafs seem nice and not too bad at $460 but $50 for AAL is rear cheap...

Thanks for the input...

2. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:52 PM
    sledbert

sledbert Member

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD 4x4
    An AAL will help to lift the rear back up, But, with the factory springs weakened the AAL will be over worked & will likely flatten out quite quickly. Depending upon u'r budget, you can get the rear leafs "re-arc'd". Most truck shops should be able to do this (HD truck, like 18 wheeler type) I have had this done on many a truck with great success. It is reasonably inexpensive too.
    Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

3. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:57 PM
    sachou

sachou Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Richland, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport Acc Cab 4x4 V6 6spd
    I have a 99 with 137k miles on it with 1.5" Alcan AAL's. The entire pack still sits almost flat, even with the extra leafs, and you can tell that the AAL's are supporting a lot of the weight.

I'm saving up, and in a few months I'm going to buy the OME Dakar leafs from TRDParts4U for $300.

230,000 miles is quite a lot, might just want to replace them outright, as I'm doing it 100k miles earlier than you.

Products Discussed in

To Top