Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

sagging leaf / should I use AAL

Old 11-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
gsanderson is on a distinguished road
gsanderson's Tacoma Gallery
sagging leaf / should I use AAL

OK... went to install billy 5100's and it seems my leafs have sagged enough that my shocks are tight...

I have a 95.5 with 230000 and the rear sits about 0.5" lower than the
front...

looking a new leaf packs...

if I get 1.5 or 2" AAL will this fix my problem or will my load capacity be comprimised... I do not haul stuff often but want it to be there if I need it

since my leafs are sagging will the AAL get me back to just original or still add some... I would guess it would just get me back close to original but wanted to see if anyone had experience...

If you suggest new leaf packs then what should I go with... The versions from Wheele off road with 5 leafs seem nice and not too bad at $460 but $50 for AAL is rear cheap...

Thanks for the input...
Old 11-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
sledbert is on a distinguished road

sledbert's Tacoma Gallery
An AAL will help to lift the rear back up, But, with the factory springs weakened the AAL will be over worked & will likely flatten out quite quickly. Depending upon u'r budget, you can get the rear leafs "re-arc'd". Most truck shops should be able to do this (HD truck, like 18 wheeler type) I have had this done on many a truck with great success. It is reasonably inexpensive too.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 99 with 137k miles on it with 1.5" Alcan AAL's. The entire pack still sits almost flat, even with the extra leafs, and you can tell that the AAL's are supporting a lot of the weight.

I'm saving up, and in a few months I'm going to buy the OME Dakar leafs from TRDParts4U for $300.

230,000 miles is quite a lot, might just want to replace them outright, as I'm doing it 100k miles earlier than you.