Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tricky question on shocks!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
MotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura about

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Tricky question on shocks!

OK, I have a 02 Pre-Runner dbl cab TRD. I put Firestone ride rite air bags in the rear (I haul 2 dirt bikes with gear) with new KYB Mono-Max shocks, I now want to replace the old front shocks with new ones, I was thinking of getting the bilstein 5100s in the front to level it out? Will this this work to level it? Or should I just get a set of matching front KYB shocks and leveling blocks?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i'd get the 5100s
Old 11-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
MotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura about

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
i'd get the 5100s
You can ajust the lift hight with the 5100s correct? I dont want it over lifted because I cant lift the rear with air bags on it.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXXX View Post
You can ajust the lift hight with the 5100s correct? I dont want it over lifted because I cant lift the rear with air bags on it.
you can lift the front with 5100's, up to 2.5" of lift
Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
you can lift the front with 5100's, up to 2.5" of lift
Yup the lift amounts you can set are:
0 (stock)
.85"
1.75" ?? i think
2.5"
Old 11-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
yep, dgerms got it. Although, ive seen some new adds for the 5100s that state they can be set up to 2.75" inches now.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
yep, dgerms got it. Although, ive seen some new adds for the 5100s that state they can be set up to 2.75" inches now.

yea me too i even saw 3.25" but i think they are talking about a 5100 on a different truck, they just showed a tacoma.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #8

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Are these the right ones? Good price? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-04...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
those are the right ones, and from the right guy to. he also has a website and tell him you are with tacoma world you will get a discount.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #10

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Yup the lift amounts you can set are:
0 (stock)
.85"
1.75" ?? i think
2.5"
What would the correct setting be to level the front out on the stock susppension? .85?
Old 11-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXXX View Post
What would the correct setting be to level the front out on the stock susppension? .85?
i don't know on a 1st gen but it should be .85 or 1.75. on the second gen it is 1.75 without tsb