Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help adjusting ICON shocks

Old 11-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Need help adjusting ICON shocks

Hi,

After Toyota replaced my LCAs, the front height increased by another 1 inch. I drove it for few days already but it did not settle back to the height before. I decided to adjust the coil-overs.

The passenger side was a little bit higher (39.5") than the driver side (39"), so I adjusted the passenger first. After 6 turns, the passenger side went down to 38.5". When I checked the driver side, it went down already to 38.5" without having been adjusted. Can someone explain this?

I really wanted to adjust the driver down since the coils are pre-loaded too much (2 3/4" thread showing) and I think the ride is harsh. The passenger side was down from 2 1/4" to 1 3/4" thread showing. What did I do wrong? Are these numbers normal to have a levelled front?

Those who have ICONs, can you please tell me how much exposed threads in the driver and passenger sides to level the truck? Also, tell me how much lift did you get from those settings.

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Every half inch of adjustment is going to yeild 1" at the tire.....If you went from 2.25" to 1.75" and lowered 1"....that sounds right.