Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Add-A-Leaf

Old 11-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
novakills has a spectacular aura aboutnovakills has a spectacular aura about

Name: scott
novakills's Tacoma Gallery
Add-A-Leaf

Trying to plan out my suspension mods. My truck use is 99% pavement and I use the bed to haul motorcycles/atv's and tow a Waverunner or two. I don't know whether to go with a single add-a-leaf or Wheeler's Off Road 3-leaf progessive add-a-leaf. Any advice? Is the 3-leaf worth the additional cost?

I'm pretty sure I'm going Bilstein 5100 @ .85" with Toytec Eibach springs and LR UCA's group buy on the front.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
At the .85" setting, the truck will be close to level. If you want a slight lift, I would get the 1.5" AAL from Toytec. The Wheelers 3 leaf takes out your over load spring, and actually decreases capacity.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
At the .85" setting, the truck will be close to level. If you want a slight lift, I would get the 1.5" AAL from Toytec. The Wheelers 3 leaf takes out your over load spring, and actually decreases capacity.

hey Chris, who's full leaf pack would you go with to get 2.5 incehs of lift and keep load carrying...

Oh, and sio I stay on topic...to the OP ...listen to Chris
Old 11-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
novakills has a spectacular aura aboutnovakills has a spectacular aura about

Name: scott
novakills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

that's the kind of info i'm looking for. i want to maintain a slight rake.

when you say decreases capacity, that can mean two things. total weight capacity or how it handles a portion of the total capacity, ie spring rate. i would assume since it is preloading the stock leaves then it could potentially handle a partial load with less squatting but since it removes the overload spring then it reduces the total capacity. i don't forsee using this truck at it's load carrying limits very often so the increased partial load capacity may be of interest to me. sorry for the ramble, hope it makes sense.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
hey Chris, who's full leaf pack would you go with to get 2.5 incehs of lift and keep load carrying...

Oh, and so I stay on topic...to the OP ...listen to Chris
Lol smooth thread jack

I was thinking about the toytec AAL, will that provide additional lift?
Old 11-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Lol smooth thread jack

I was thinking about the toytec AAL, will that provide additional lift?
Yes.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post

Oh, and sio I stay on topic...to the OP ...listen to Chris
Deaver or Alcan.