Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do Eibach springs require alignment?

Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Question Do Eibach springs require alignment?

Do Eibach springs require alignment on truck?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I would say if you change the heigth any way up or down it needs to be aligned.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Can you fully align the truck with the eibachs without getting UCA's?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
Dashe is a splendid one to beholdDashe is a splendid one to beholdDashe is a splendid one to beholdDashe is a splendid one to beholdDashe is a splendid one to beholdDashe is a splendid one to behold

Name: David
Dashe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
Can you fully align the truck with the eibachs without getting UCA's?
nope. you really need to change out the stock UCA's if you're going to lift the front end. i drove for a while without doing this, because i couldn't afford them. they cant align it properly, and consequently the caster will be off, causing the truck to "wander" down the road. bottom line, get some aftermarket UCA's.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashe View Post
nope. you really need to change out the stock UCA's if you're going to lift the front end. i drove for a while without doing this, because i couldn't afford them. they cant align it properly, and consequently the caster will be off, causing the truck to "wander" down the road. bottom line, get some aftermarket UCA's.
Not so. I have Eibach's w/5100's set at .85" and they were able to keep my alignment within spec.

Truck tracks perfectly at low and high speed, and does not wander at all, under braking and acceleration.

And ya- you will definately need an alignment after you remove the front springs/shocks.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If your a lil tight on money "Light Racing" makes a solid UCA from what i've heard...otherwise get some Total Chaos UCAs. Those seem to be the best and alot of guys on here use em
Old 11-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashe View Post
Only if you go above 2" in lift. I just put my 5100 on at 1.75" and after the 2nd alignment I'm within specs.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Only if you go above 2" in lift. I just put my 5100 on at 1.75" and after the 2nd alignment I'm within specs.
x2
Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
are you reffering to the leveling springs or the 3" lift springs?
1.6" lift.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #13
canuck_tacoma will become famous soon enough
canuck_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You will have no problems getting the truck alignment with these springs. You don't need to worry about a diff drop as well. That's why I went with them.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #14
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
anytime you lift you align from what iv heard, and with the eibach springs only giving 1.6" lift you dont need new ucas
Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #15
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. Thanks. I'll be picking those eibachs up.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 AM   #16
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Any time suspension geometry is changed, your alignment will be out of spec and you'll have to get it re-alligned.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #17
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
If I get these springs it will be my 3rd vehicle Ive bought springs from eibach for. I wander if I can some kind of discount or VIP customer service haha