Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Spindle lift vs. coilover

Old 11-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Spindle lift vs. coilover

So i have been doing alot of research on the type of lift i wanted to purchase. I finally came to the conclusion of getting some icon coilovers. My mind was set on them until spindles came into play. The way i look at it spindles are the way to go. Their is no increase angle on my cv joint and its keeps the stock alignment. I know not to many people are running upgraded spindles so its getting me curious why more people are not. Is there something i should know about. Is their any long term affect? The reason im leaning towards spindles right now is because I dont have to worry about my ball joints going in the future. Share your knowledge about spindles with me. Thanks a lot MIKE
Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
spindles wont work with 4x4
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3NT View Post
spindles wont work with 4x4
you just crushed his world...ha
Old 11-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
haha..my bad
Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
You did just crush my world. I was so excited being able to lift with out problems. Dammmm lol. guess ill be getting some coilovers
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
well I was VERY interested in this question, and Im a prerunner. So...why dont more people run spindles?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
well I was VERY interested in this question, and Im a prerunner. So...why dont more people run spindles?
Expensive. Camburgs are 1000 and TC are 1400 and thats not including install.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #10
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Expensive. Camburgs are 1000 and TC are 1400 and thats not including install.
Yea but Icons are 1,000 too, and you have to preload the springs to get the 2.5 inches of lift which makes it ride stiffer than if it were to be set at 0. With spindles you can run Billys set at 0 plus get more lift. Is the ride still better with the icons?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #11
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Yea but Icons are 1,000 too, and you have to preload the springs to get the 2.5 inches of lift which makes it ride stiffer than if it were to be set at 0. With spindles you can run Billys set at 0 plus get more lift. Is the ride still better with the icons?
I say it would be about the same. I plan on getting spindles soon and stting my coilovers to about an inch.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #12
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Spindles ftw, I want some so bad
Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #13
socaltaco2 is on a distinguished road
socaltaco2's Tacoma Gallery
One reason I wont get spindles is because it kicks the wheel out 3/4" in the front... I dont like that...
Old 11-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
i got the camburg spindles so far so good but the wider stance made my tires rub my fenders on compression and i only got 31's
I wonder if spacers would help. Hey I want to check out your truck! I live in Fontana.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #19
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
so excited to get my camburgs on soon! they are huge/beefy as hell haha
Old 11-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #20
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
i got fiber glass and no more rubbing just barley took some pics this sunday

looks like the inside of your tires are worn to shit while the outsides still got tread! whys that? whys are your front tires at such an / \