LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1" body lift

Old 11-04-2009, 03:07 AM   #1
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
1" body lift

Would it be ok to put a 1" body lift ontop of a 3" suspension lift, I don't wheel much and if I do it's light trails. I have a 2009 DC 4x4 with hitch, what kind of problems do body lifts cause? would the steering column need to me lengthened or anything like that? Thanks

o yea, where would I even buy a 1" body lift for 2009 tacoma, all I've found are 3", cutting these doesn't seem very efficient or safe...
Old 11-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anybody out there? is anyone running a setup like this?
Old 11-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
my dad has ran a 3 inch body lift on his truck since i can remember and i beat the hell out of that truck and never messed anything up. if you o with a body lift then replace all the hardware with grade 8 bolts, thread lock everything and i would double nut the bottom or put a lock nut on it i have heard of alot of people runnin 1" body lifts over on ttora and they wheel the hell out of everything.. you should be fine especially if your only doing light trails and stuff.. but have it professionally installed.. we put it on my dads truck and it was hell gettin everything lined up.. Just my $.02
Old 11-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
comajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura about
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
i ran a 1' BL on my 01 for years, no problems.

go to ttora.com and do a search for roger brown body lifts.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
You can try these guys out. I emailed them and asked they require certain specs to be able to give custom a body lift for you. I don't know much about trucks or anything so I had no idea what specs they're asking for.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml

I asked one of the reps there why do people not sell under 3" of body lifts for 2nd gens and they said people do not provide them with enough information in order to make them easily available like 3" ones.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:11 AM   #7
METAL!

hey thanks for all the responses, i'm really considering doing the 1" bl, I just need to find the right parts, I have my 3" susp lift here waiting to be put on, but i want to avoid tire rubbing at all costs without trimming, but still run 33s
Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 AM   #8
METAL!

well that changes everything, exactly why i post on tw, thanks for the heads up i never lifted a tacoma b4
Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
jockfro is on a distinguished road
jockfro's Tacoma Gallery
1.5" BL

I have a 07 DC 4x4 LB. It currently has 3" revtech lift, and I'm running 285/70/17 BFG AT on Dick Cepek DC1 17x9 wheels with 4.5" BS. I want to add the 4-crawler 1.5" BL to give the truck a little more lift and to be able to run a true 33x12.50. Has anyone done this, or have any pics of this done? I know all of the pros and cons on body lifts, and I've had several BL in other trucks so please no haters. It seems if I do this I would have no or very little rubbing. What about the frame? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #10
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockfro View Post
I have a 07 DC 4x4 LB. It currently has 3" revtech lift, and I'm running 285/70/17 BFG AT on Dick Cepek DC1 17x9 wheels with 4.5" BS. I want to add the 4-crawler 1.5" BL to give the truck a little more lift and to be able to run a true 33x12.50. Has anyone done this, or have any pics of this done? I know all of the pros and cons on body lifts, and I've had several BL in other trucks so please no haters. It seems if I do this I would have no or very little rubbing. What about the frame? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks
There is a how to here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...t-install.html

If done right I believe this is a good mod.

Anthony knows his shit.

I've seen the results & he did a great service to TW with this write up.