1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1" body lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by EmoSlayer, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Nov 4, 2009 at 3:07 AM
    EmoSlayer

EmoSlayer [OP] METAL!

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100s all 4 corners, front set at 0.85 w/ eibach coils metalcast red, driver's side lean spacer, rear tsb leaf pack with tsb aal from toytec, 265/75/16 goodyear wrangler authority, MT Classic III 16x8 4.5bs, LR UCAs
    Would it be ok to put a 1" body lift ontop of a 3" suspension lift, I don't wheel much and if I do it's light trails. I have a 2009 DC 4x4 with hitch, what kind of problems do body lifts cause? would the steering column need to me lengthened or anything like that? Thanks

o yea, where would I even buy a 1" body lift for 2009 tacoma, all I've found are 3", cutting these doesn't seem very efficient or safe...

2. Nov 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    EmoSlayer

EmoSlayer [OP] METAL!

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100s all 4 corners, front set at 0.85 w/ eibach coils metalcast red, driver's side lean spacer, rear tsb leaf pack with tsb aal from toytec, 265/75/16 goodyear wrangler authority, MT Classic III 16x8 4.5bs, LR UCAs
    anybody out there? is anyone running a setup like this?

3. Nov 4, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    I'd highly recommend against a body lift... Slam on the brakes and watch the cab slide off the frame. :laugh:

4. Nov 4, 2009 at 5:49 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    my dad has ran a 3 inch body lift on his truck since i can remember and i beat the hell out of that truck and never messed anything up. if you o with a body lift then replace all the hardware with grade 8 bolts, thread lock everything and i would double nut the bottom or put a lock nut on it i have heard of alot of people runnin 1" body lifts over on ttora and they wheel the hell out of everything.. you should be fine especially if your only doing light trails and stuff.. but have it professionally installed.. we put it on my dads truck and it was hell gettin everything lined up.. Just my $.02

5. Nov 4, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    comajoe

comajoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    rougemont, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma sr5
    i ran a 1' BL on my 01 for years, no problems.

go to ttora.com and do a search for roger brown body lifts.

6. Nov 4, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6
    You can try these guys out. I emailed them and asked they require certain specs to be able to give custom a body lift for you. I don't know much about trucks or anything so I had no idea what specs they're asking for.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml

I asked one of the reps there why do people not sell under 3" of body lifts for 2nd gens and they said people do not provide them with enough information in order to make them easily available like 3" ones.

7. Nov 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM
    EmoSlayer

EmoSlayer [OP] METAL!

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    hey thanks for all the responses, i'm really considering doing the 1" bl, I just need to find the right parts, I have my 3" susp lift here waiting to be put on, but i want to avoid tire rubbing at all costs without trimming, but still run 33s :D

8. Nov 5, 2009 at 5:46 AM
    EmoSlayer

EmoSlayer [OP] METAL!

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    well that changes everything, exactly why i post on tw, thanks for the heads up i never lifted a tacoma b4

9. Apr 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    jockfro

jockfro New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Andover, VT
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 LB TRD Sport
    I have a 07 DC 4x4 LB. It currently has 3" revtech lift, and I'm running 285/70/17 BFG AT on Dick Cepek DC1 17x9 wheels with 4.5" BS. I want to add the 4-crawler 1.5" BL to give the truck a little more lift and to be able to run a true 33x12.50. Has anyone done this, or have any pics of this done? I know all of the pros and cons on body lifts, and I've had several BL in other trucks so please no haters. It seems if I do this I would have no or very little rubbing. What about the frame? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

10. Apr 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    There is a how to here:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/195316-how-1-body-lift-install.html

If done right I believe this is a good mod.

Anthony knows his shit. :cool:

I've seen the results & he did a great service to TW with this write up.

Products Discussed in

To Top