Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need some HELP/ADVICE about my fox coilovers

Old 11-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
jrodrigo621 has a spectacular aura aboutjrodrigo621 has a spectacular aura about

Name: jRod
jrodrigo621's Tacoma Gallery
Need some HELP/ADVICE about my fox coilovers

Hey there guys, last weekend i gave the 3inch lift with the fox coilovers (camburg arms) and i put on the limited straps of 16inch, but i feel very hard the ride/suspension, when i pass a speedbump or a hole (the streets here in Mexico are in very bad shape) what can do i do about it, lower it down to 2inches? or what other choice do i have?

I Really apreciate your help guys ...

jRod!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
if you dont mind a little more body roll under hard cornering, then removing the sway bar will smoothen things up a bunch. I pulled mine off and havent looked back. It still handles fine IMO and the increased front articulation off road cant be beat. Keep in mind removing it will make the truck less stable in an emergency maneuver and increases the chance of a rollover though.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
Robtrd is just really niceRobtrd is just really niceRobtrd is just really niceRobtrd is just really niceRobtrd is just really nice

Name: Robert
Robtrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodrigo621 View Post
Hey there guys, last weekend i gave the 3inch lift with the fox coilovers (camburg arms) and i put on the limited straps of 16inch, but i feel very hard the ride/suspension, when i pass a speedbump or a hole (the streets here in Mexico are in very bad shape) what can do i do about it, lower it down to 2inches? or what other choice do i have?

I Really apreciate your help guys ...

jRod!!!
Post pics I wanna see
Old 11-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
jrodrigo621 has a spectacular aura aboutjrodrigo621 has a spectacular aura about

see my other threads, there i have the pictures of the truck ...
Old 11-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
lower a little will help as well as the sway bar. the higher you go the harder the ride. are the coilovers new or did you buy them used, maybe need a rebuild, what is the spring rate if you know
Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
same guy as other nelson18matt
nelson18matt2 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: EX-CONE
Name: Matt
nelson18matt2's Tacoma Gallery
i'd take some preload off the spring. if you got them cranked down to give you 3" lift then the ride is gonna be very very stiff.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
lower a little will help as well as the sway bar. the higher you go the harder the ride. are the coilovers new or did you buy them used, maybe need a rebuild, what is the spring rate if you know
Yeah im going to lower it 1inch and maybe with the limited straps, take 0.5inch of travel.

The coilovers are new and i dont know the spring rate, regarding the sway bar im thinkin about it, I still have my doubts.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Yeah im going to lower it 1inch and maybe with the limited straps, take 0.5inch of travel.

The coilovers are new and i dont know the spring rate, regarding the sway bar im thinkin about it, I still have my doubts.

Thanks
it will handle fine without the sway bar, the coilovers are better than the stock shocks and body roll is not bad. i have tested mine on the freeway with emergency swerve and some body roll but nothing scary. try it and you will like it
Old 11-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine at 3" at first and it was unbearable! I dropped it down to around 2 - 2.5" and its wayyyy smoother!

and check to see what setting you are on on your resi. 1 being the softest and 8 being the roughest
Old 11-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I had mine at 3" at first and it was unbearable! I dropped it down to around 2 - 2.5" and its wayyyy smoother!

and check to see what setting you are on on your resi. 1 being the softest and 8 being the roughest

"resi"? meaning what? i didnt understand, the reservoir?
Old 11-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #11
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
U can take the sway bar off and be just fine.

The coils on the Fox's are much bigger then stock (assuming you have the 2.5's) and the body roll wont be to bad. stock shocks and no sway bar can be more dangerous.

I have my sway bar off and Fox 2.5's and I love it.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #12
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
"resi"? meaning what? i didnt understand, the reservoir?
exactly.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
U can take the sway bar off and be just fine.

The coils on the Fox's are much bigger then stock (assuming you have the 2.5's) and the body roll wont be to bad. stock shocks and no sway bar can be more dangerous.

I have my sway bar off and Fox 2.5's and I love it.

So how many inches from the ground to the fender is your truck lifted? 39? 39.5?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #14
the height will vary because of wheel/tire size
Old 11-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #15
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
bajamoon,that is one bad ass truck.wish i could do that around here.local police would have a field day with it for sure.love the way it looks.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
the height will vary because of wheel/tire size
i got the 285-70-r17 and its 40inches from the ground to the fender
Old 11-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #17
sounds about right, i think mine was about 39 before i went long travel
Old 11-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #18

well i took off 5/8 off an inch, and the height is still 40 inches from the ground to the fender (weird huu?), but it felt so much smoother and the limited straps are now doing the right job.

Later on the week im gonna have a good camera and im gonna take some pictures of the whole truck ...
Old 11-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #19

Heres some pics of the truck with the 40inches front
Attached Thumbnails
Need some HELP/ADVICE about my fox coilovers-dsc03635.jpg   Need some HELP/ADVICE about my fox coilovers-dsc03636.jpg   Need some HELP/ADVICE about my fox coilovers-dsc03637.jpg   Need some HELP/ADVICE about my fox coilovers-dsc03638.jpg  
Old 11-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #20
looks goodm why are you running limit straps, i have only seen that on long travel trucks like mine.