Notices

Mud flaps

Old 11-05-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
tacomapack is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Adam
tacomapack's Tacoma Gallery
Mud flaps

Just wanted to get your guys opinion on mud flaps. I just removed my front flaps to stop tire rub, should I remove the back ones too? I kind of like the look of the rear ones, they have that '4x4' graphic on them and I also like the functionality of them. Do you think it will look goofy to run with just the rear? I'm torn right now...
Old 11-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of starting a new post, I'll ask my question which is similar to this one.

First off I need mud flaps on my truck, I live down 1 1/2 miles of dirt road and the chips from small rocks would be really bad.

What I dont like about the stock mud flaps is they rub the ground, pavement when I go over a bump. I'm wondering what others are doing about this, or what kind of other options there are.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #5

Marines:
I never had that problem. My stock mud flaps tucked into the wheel wells pretty good. I have speed bumps in my neighborhood and never had a problem. What kind of bumps are you going over? Pothole type bumps?
Old 11-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #6
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomapack View Post
I never had that problem. My stock mud flaps tucked into the wheel wells pretty good. I have speed bumps in my neighborhood and never had a problem. What kind of bumps are you going over? Pothole type bumps?
I've actually even rubbed on large speedbumps(big speedbumps in NM). I took my truck in the mountains and I was worried I was going to rip one off.

I forgot to look, do you have the 4x4(I think so), I'm sure ours are the same.

Here's my truck, it's hard to tell but the mud flaps only sit like 4 to 5" off the ground. Like I said, I like the mud flaps, they're just rigid and have no flex, I'm just worried I may lose one if it gets hit to hard.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
remove them.when my front ones broke i got a set off a tahoe and made them work.cost $3.00 at a car show.now i have none.looks alot better imo.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #8

Marines:
I think I'm gonna take them off just to even things out.

oldtimertoyota- Yeah they are the 4x4 ones. I think the difference must be our tire/wheel size. Mine are 20" rims so that must give me the added clearance to not have problems on a regular basis.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Gone...
Old 11-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomapack View Post

oldtimertoyota- Yeah they are the 4x4 ones. I think the difference must be our tire/wheel size. Mine are 20" rims so that must give me the added clearance to not have problems on a regular basis.
That would make sense!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #11
04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold04coma is a splendid one to behold
Name: Justin
04coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimertoyota View Post
I've actually even rubbed on large speedbumps(big speedbumps in NM). I took my truck in the mountains and I was worried I was going to rip one off.

I forgot to look, do you have the 4x4(I think so), I'm sure ours are the same.

Here's my truck, it's hard to tell but the mud flaps only sit like 4 to 5" off the ground. Like I said, I like the mud flaps, they're just rigid and have no flex, I'm just worried I may lose one if it gets hit to hard.
i lost mine jumping a curb at wrk its the only way to get a parking spot kinda sucks and made me mad been looking for a replacement 04 front drivers side