Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Aww yea 5100's & 885's!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Tacoluver will become famous soon enough
Tacoluver's Tacoma Gallery
Aww yea 5100's & 885's!

UPS just dropped these off, can't wait to install them tomorrow. I plan on setting them at .85" with the 885's like "usnaclee's" taco, but I also plan to use the 1/4" steel top plate spacers (not the actual coil spring spacers) that came with my REvtek lift. All on stock UCA's (yea I know). Should get just under 4" of lift. Anyone else done this?
Attached Thumbnails
Aww yea 5100's & 885's!-cimg0194.jpg   Aww yea 5100's & 885's!-cimg0195.jpg  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thats sexy right there Congrats man!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoluver View Post
UPS just dropped these off, can't wait to install them tomorrow. I plan on setting them at .85" with the 885's like "unctsee's" taco, but I also plan to use the top plate spacers that came with my REvtek lift. All on stock UCA's (yea I know). Should get just under 4" of lift. Anyone else done this?
You are gonna have a ride that is sligtly softer than an old wagon.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You realize you will have NO down travel....right? Good possibility that if you hit a bump, you could break your shocks too.....Which means, you will get the oppertunity to see your truck on a flat bed trailor.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
are you 4wd cause if you are your cvs are going to die a slow miserable death
Old 11-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
are you 4wd cause if you are your cvs are going to die a slow miserable death
Actually...They would die a rather quick death.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like someone needs to suggest a 'Plan B' to the OP.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Don't do that!!!! Just leave your billys set at 0...the springs will give you 3" of lift alone and no spacer!!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
After all the info on this site, you managed yourself into this setup?

Wow and good luck with that!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
After all the info on this site, you managed yourself into this setup?

Wow and good luck with that!
x2...I hope he listens
Old 11-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery

i hope he reads this before tomorrow...
Old 11-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #14

Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #15
Whoa thanks for the advice my taco brothers but this has been done before (minus the 1/4" top plate spacer). There's a thread on here using the same combo also set .85" without the top plate spacer he got 3.35" of lift and reported good ride quality. Also I have a Prerunner not a 4X4 so CV's aren't a factor. Their should be plenty of shock rebound at this setting vs. a stock spring set at 2.5". The only difference here is that I plan on adding the 1/4" top plate spacer, which does not compress the spring at all, for a little added lift. If anything if something fails it oughta be my balljoints. I'll report back tomorrow after the install.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #16
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Its in the good Lords hands now...
Old 11-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
Don't do that!!!! Just leave your billys set at 0...the springs will give you 3" of lift alone and no spacer!!
BTW these springs only give 1.75-2" of lift sans the top plate spacer sold on Toytec. 3" is only achieved with the top plate.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #18
Again I appreciate all the concern. But if anyone else was crazy enough to do this please feel free to chime in.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoluver View Post
Whoa thanks for the advice my taco brothers but this has been done before (minus the 1/4" top plate spacer). There's a thread on here using the same combo also set .85" without the top plate spacer he got 3.35" of lift and reported good ride quality. Also I have a Prerunner not a 4X4 so CV's aren't a factor. Their should be plenty of shock rebound at this setting vs. a stock spring set at 2.5". The only difference here is that I plan on adding the 1/4" top plate spacer, which does not compress the spring at all, for a little added lift. If anything if something fails it oughta be my balljoints. I'll report back tomorrow after the install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You realize you will have NO down travel....right? Good possibility that if you hit a bump, you could break your shocks too.....Which means, you will get the oppertunity to see your truck on a flat bed trailor.
x100000000
Old 11-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #20
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
just set them @ zero use the top plate and get a good safe 3" lift that will work very well