1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Body mount rub after LR uca and allignment

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Amo-cat3, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Nov 5, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    Amo-cat3

Amo-cat3 [OP] Wizard Sleeve Master

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Blown dubcab
    TRD Supercharged 4.0 w/ 2.5" Quick change Pulley, UCON EMS, URD 7th injector, AFE Stage II intake, DT Longtubes, MBRP 2.5" dual exhaust w/ Vibrant Ultra resonator, URD Y-pipe w/ vibrant v-bands (Cat free), Walboro 255 fuel pump, SS Oil catch can, Aeroforce gauges, Icon CDC 2.5 coilover set at 3", 1.5" Wleelers Progressive aal, Light racing uca, 17x8.5 Fuel Anza 4.5" backspace/-6 mm offset, Kelly Safari a/t 265/70/17, scanguage 2, AMP electric steps, bed extender, Low-pro tonneau cover, 20% tinted windows/headlights/taillights, tacoma seat covers, Image dynamic sound system w/ Pinoneer avh3200 head, assrtd stickers................
    I have a 3" lift, 17x10 wheels, 5" Bsp, -12mm offset, 265/70/17 Mickey T. ATZ, 1.25 spidertrax spacers.
    Before I had the Light Racing UCA i could fully lock my wheels and reverse with only slight rubbing on the mudflaps. My allignment wasn't perfect, a little squirelly 40+ mph and lots of steering wheel vibes.
    Now i just installed LR uca and did my allignment and now have more rubbing so i took off my mudflaps only to realize now im rubbing the body mount on both sides. Here's my allignment specs:

Caster....Before---Final
    Left........4.12........2.04
    Right ......3.32........1.75

Camber
    Left .......0.85........0.36
    Right.......0.17........0.41

Toe
    Left...... -0.71 .......0.02
    Right .....-0.29 .......0.02

I must say though my truck drives perfect now. No pulling, tracks straight and i lost all the steering wheel vibes (i did rotate and balance all tires also). Overall more stable and no more bump steer. highly recommend aftermarket uca's to complete a 3" lift.

My main question is can I go back to the shop and ask them to somehow move the wheel forward to alleviate the rub and keep my allignment in spec, or now that I have remedied my allgnment with uca's is this a problem that has nothing to do with allignment. Me no want to chop metal.. I could not lock out the wheel but that last inch or two of steering makes a big difference in my dialy driving.

2. Nov 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Yes...have the shop dial in more caster. You should be around 2.8* both sides. Also, get rid of some of the Camber....See if they can get closer to 0*

3. Nov 5, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    Amo-cat3

Amo-cat3 [OP] Wizard Sleeve Master

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Blown dubcab
    TRD Supercharged 4.0 w/ 2.5" Quick change Pulley, UCON EMS, URD 7th injector, AFE Stage II intake, DT Longtubes, MBRP 2.5" dual exhaust w/ Vibrant Ultra resonator, URD Y-pipe w/ vibrant v-bands (Cat free), Walboro 255 fuel pump, SS Oil catch can, Aeroforce gauges, Icon CDC 2.5 coilover set at 3", 1.5" Wleelers Progressive aal, Light racing uca, 17x8.5 Fuel Anza 4.5" backspace/-6 mm offset, Kelly Safari a/t 265/70/17, scanguage 2, AMP electric steps, bed extender, Low-pro tonneau cover, 20% tinted windows/headlights/taillights, tacoma seat covers, Image dynamic sound system w/ Pinoneer avh3200 head, assrtd stickers................
    Sounds good thanx for the quick reply.

4. Nov 5, 2009 at 6:25 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Anytime :)

5. Nov 8, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    bermise

bermise Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    Total chaos spindles, Total chaos heim joint uca's, Icon E/T coilovers, Icon reservoir shocks, custom Deaver 10 leaf pack, 285/70/17 Cooper STT
    Adjustable uca's are a pia to install and set properly. But it will ride better afterwards, most of the time.

Products Discussed in

To Top