LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Going extreme?

Old 11-07-2009, 04:21 AM   #1
FLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enoughFLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enough
Air Force: SERE
Name: Wes
FLAtacoma05's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Going extreme?

i have a 2005 PreRunner DBL cab
i want to have a total of 9" lift (preferrably suspension)
quite possibly go up to 12"
AND its strictly for show... no off roading

ive heard so many otpions as far as TC spindles and coilovers and a body lift

6" kit and body lift

6" kit and coil overs

WHATS THE BEST WAY
Old 11-07-2009, 05:16 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Sold axle swap. If you do it any other way, make sure you fill out your organ donor card because we'll soon read about you on the Darwin awards.
x2
Old 11-07-2009, 05:38 AM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
the title says it all.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i would do that big of a lift on a prerunner.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
Banned
anti has a brilliant futureanti has a brilliant futureanti has a brilliant futureanti has a brilliant futureanti has a brilliant futureanti has a brilliant futureanti has a brilliant futureanti has a brilliant futureanti has a brilliant futureanti has a brilliant futureanti has a brilliant future
anti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAtacoma05 View Post
6" kit and body lift
+
6" kit and coil overs
totally do this!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Sold axle swap. If you do it any other way, make sure you fill out your organ donor card because we'll soon read about you on the Darwin awards.
x3
Old 11-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think getting into the 12" lift range youre talking custom work

more than likely needing to convert to solid front axle and buy ridiculously arched lift springs or coils
Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #8
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
4" camburg spindles + 3" from coilovers = 7"!!

body lifts...ehh look like crap
Old 11-07-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
why for show?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
why for show?
cuz any practical usage that high will likely end up with the truck upside down and the occupants in a helicopter on the way to a trauma center....
Old 11-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

but yah, if you want to go that high, have the truck all show and a head turner, at least make it legit and go all the way to a solid axle suspension system and gain the extreme height by linking the truck front and rear with dual rate coilovers all the way around...

figure between the suspension height and some 49" tires, you will be high enough off the ground to flip the truck over and accumulate a gang of citations from the local cops, but hey, at least the girls will be falling in line to give you a hand job, right?

KIDDING...

but yah, i vote you go solid axle and link it... that would be pretty pimp...
Old 11-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #12
FLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enoughFLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enough
Air Force: SERE
Name: Wes
FLAtacoma05's Tacoma Gallery
I already have something to go runnnin in. This 05 is just a project and once im done ill be fgetting rid of it.

i think im gonna do camburg spindles. 3.5" coilovers and 3" BL
thatll give me 10 right with not too much travel left in the shocks...?
Old 11-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #13
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i have a 2005 PreRunner DBL cab
i want to have a total of 9" lift (preferrably suspension)
quite possibly go up to 12"
AND its strictly for show... no off roading

ive heard so many otpions as far as TC spindles and coilovers and a body lift

6" kit and body lift

6" kit and coil overs

WHATS THE BEST WAY

How about you just give me the money your gonna waste... because this is A BAD IDEA!
Old 11-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
When I read the title I thought of the "extreme" guys from harold and kumar. After reading the post, I realize you would fit in with them nicely!
Old 11-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #15
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
SAve some money, go to Lowes or home Depot, buy a pressure treated 4x4 and cut 2, 10 inch sections satnd them up between the rear axle and leaf springs. Then for the front, get a nice 5 gallon bucket and use it as a spacer between the front struts and upper mounts. 9" of lift for under 20 bucks.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #16
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I already have something to go runnnin in. This 05 is just a project and once im done ill be fgetting rid of it.

i think im gonna do camburg spindles. 3.5" coilovers and 3" BL
thatll give me 10 right with not too much travel left in the shocks...?

why would you want that much lift?????? don't forget about drive-line angles, re-gearing, getting your speedo corrected...

but in all honesty ditch the body lift and stick with the spindles and coilovers
Old 11-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #17
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
3 inch body is ok, but 6inch body makes severe axel bounce witch is deadly

but imo 6 inch (total) is the highest you should go no matter what 9"-12" just screams i have a small penis and am trying to over compensate, plus it just looks like ass on a midsize truck
Old 11-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #18
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
cuz any practical usage that high will likely end up with the truck upside down and the occupants in a helicopter on the way to a trauma center....
hahahah i know that... i meant like... why hahah i think its a waste of money
Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #19
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
i think its a waste of money
well, it's only a waste of money if you build it and let it sit in the garage...
Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #20
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery