LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Few camburg Spindles questions

Old 11-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Few camburg Spindles questions

ok so i know i can run the spindles with my stock coils and shocks but is it better to get new shocks in the front or is the ride not that bad?
in the rear will 1500's work and how bad of an idea is it to use a 2" aal and 2" blocks?
do i need brake lines for the back or is it just the front?
and last how much do u think it will cost to have them installed?
i have a $3000 dollar budget but that has to include the rims and tires which will run about $900.
thanx!
pix welcome
Old 11-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
socaltaco2 is on a distinguished road
socaltaco2's Tacoma Gallery
you have 2wd right?

4" Lift in the rear will be too much lift. 2"-3" MAX. I could be wrong but I dont think you need new shocks in the front since it retains stock suspension geometry.

not sure about brakelines, but id excpect to pay between 300-600 for install of spindles
Old 11-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2.75 inch leaf springs on my truck and I dont need extended brake lines in the rear. Anything more than 3 inches in the rear and you will start to sacrifice performance for looks.

With spindles up front you don't need new shocks but you will need extended brake lines up front which should come with the spindles. And I think I payed $350 to have my spindles installed.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
well i have a 2008 so i might be able to get the tsb done so should the tsb and tsb aal give me enough lift to match the 4'' front?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
no for spindles 4" in the front is not too much! coilovers at 4" is way too damn much if even possible
install 300 bucks or 7 hours of your time
comes with extended brake lines, only need them for the front. 2" or tsb should level it out nicely

if anyone reads this: can i run my stock wheels with the camburgs without any rub?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #6
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
no for spindles 4" in the front is not too much! coilovers at 4" is way too damn much if even possible
install 300 bucks or 7 hours of your time
comes with extended brake lines, only need them for the front. 2" or tsb should level it out nicely

if anyone reads this: can i run my stock wheels with the camburgs without any rub?

i would call camburg about that, with my engage spindles i need a minimum of a 4.5 bs.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i'd at least slap on some 5100's up front with that spindle and match them out back. i like those lift spindles, wish they made them for the 1st gens
Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #8
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBlack08 View Post
ok so i know i can run the spindles with my stock coils and shocks but is it better to get new shocks in the front or is the ride not that bad?
Might help with some down travel and better ride quality but I don't know for sure.

Quote:
in the rear will 5100's work
Yes

Quote:
and how bad of an idea is it to use a 2" aal and 2" blocks?
It's been said on this forum several times, never stack lifts...I don't know if this applies to the rear or not, but it just sounds like a bad idea. Plus I think it would be too much lift in the back. A 2" ALL should be fine.

Quote:
do i need brake lines for the back or is it just the front?
Don't know sorry

Quote:
and last how much do u think it will cost to have them installed?
As much as someone can charge you; shop around for install pricing, or save the money and do it yourself if you have the tools and time. 08pretaco and I did his with help from my dad and I bet we could get you going if you wanted to call either one or both of us. But I think I have heard in the neighborhood of $300-$600 for install.

Quote:
i have a $3000 dollar budget but that has to include the rims and tires which will run about $900.
Holy crap...um so my info cost $500, and yes i take checks . Seriously pay up already...

Quote:
thanx!

pix welcome
No problem bud that's what an online community is for