Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Where to get coils swapped on a sunday??

Old 11-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
RI06TACO has a spectacular aura aboutRI06TACO has a spectacular aura aboutRI06TACO has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: I drive boats and save people.
Name: Jeff
RI06TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Where to get coils swapped on a sunday??

So I got my whole front end apart to install my new 5100's..well I'm just not feeling this renatl spring compressor..will somewhere like PepBoys do it for me on a sunday??

Any tips on using these manual compressors? Just feels real shady as I started to crank down on them..! And I need my truck back to gether by tommorrow evening!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
be carefull! sorry no real input here, doing mine monday
Old 11-08-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think Pep Boys will do it as its non OEM shock assembly... if they did, they will charge too much...

best bet, find a mom n pop tire shop that does suspension work too...

try to find a spot that works on a lot of custom applications like hot rods, lowriders, and trucks...
Old 11-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
RI06TACO has a spectacular aura aboutRI06TACO has a spectacular aura aboutRI06TACO has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: I drive boats and save people.
Name: Jeff
RI06TACO's Tacoma Gallery
believe it or not I actually found a guy to do it today, got em installed and still made kickoff at 1pm!

For the record Pep Boys will not do it anymore. Had some place Munroe Muffler (like a Midas) do it but had to give the kid $40 cash on the side...well worth it, took 20min!!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #7
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
$40 is about the going rate. Glad you could find a place to do it for you on a Sunday!