LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Deciding on 3 inch lift or so

Old 11-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Deciding on 3 inch lift or so

hey guys and ladies, i was wondering if anyone could say anything about a high performance three inch lift. First of all will it make my truck look any higher whatsoever or is it just a waste? Also I ve been looking at king and fox high performance packages do these automatically give you lift, or do you also need like block or spacers or something? Finally can anyone suggest one of the two or others?

Id prefer not to just put block under it cuase honstly its kinda pointless for offroading!

And I want my truck to be able to do well offroad at least if im spending the money
Old 11-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
i'm pretty sure a lot of guys on here are going to tell you that for a three inch lift you should go with the toytech. it's not crazy expensive and has gotten good reviews on here (nice ride, even with the 2.5 setting). i even think there is a group buy going on right now if you're interested. idk, an expert will be with you shortly haha
Old 11-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck will be higher and adding a taller tire will give you additional clearance. I'm running coil-overs from ICON. Fox and King shouldn't be anything different. You can adjust the ride height up to 3.5" but after market UCA is recommended if you go over 2.5."
Old 11-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #4
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTacoms View Post
Your truck will be higher and adding a taller tire will give you additional clearance. I'm running coil-overs from ICON. Fox and King shouldn't be anything different. You can adjust the ride height up to 3.5" but after market UCA is recommended if you go over 2.5."

Thanks a lot thats really helpful, I was thinking T/C UCAs... Your tuck is delicious btw....haha
Old 11-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100s w/ OME 885 Springs...and a AAL for the rear! = 3"

Look...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...installed.html
Old 11-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
Thanks a lot thats really helpful, I was thinking T/C UCAs... Your tuck is delicious btw....haha
Thanks man. Glad to be of help.

By the way, I have 32" tires only. I think 33" will look much aggressive but there will be rubbing. Check out the build section, so you can compare and decide the look you want. Meanwhile, here are pics of my truck in different heights.

Stock

Bilstein 5100 at 1.75" with 32" tires

ICON at 3" with 32" tires
Old 11-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTacoms View Post
Thanks man. Glad to be of help.

By the way, I have 32" tires only. I think 33" will look much aggressive but there will be rubbing. Check out the build section, so you can compare and decide the look you want. Meanwhile, here are pics of my truck in different heights.

Stock

Bilstein 5100 at 1.75" with 32" tires

ICON at 3" with 32" tires
damn the third liooks sick thats whats going down....Thanks