Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100s, OME 885, LR UCA Installed

Old 11-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
forgotten1 has a spectacular aura aboutforgotten1 has a spectacular aura aboutforgotten1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Adam
forgotten1's Tacoma Gallery
5100s, OME 885, LR UCA Installed

After having the OME884s with the Toytech top plate spacer on my stock TRD Bilsteins for the past three years, I wanted to get my front end up a little higher. I just changed the front lift components. Kept the rear the same (stock TRD Bilsteins, stock non-TSB leaf pack, and Alcan Add-A-Leaf). I set the Bilstein 5100s at 0, used OME 885 coil springs and kept the Toytech spacer on top. I also added the Light Racing UCAs. I used to rub at full lock or often times in reverse, now the rub is gone. I really can't feel much of a difference between the TRD Bilstein/884 and these. No vibrations or anything. I'll be going in for an alignment tomorrow hopefully. On to the pictures...

Bilstein 5100s, OME 885 springs, LR UCA

Bilstein 5100s (set at 0), OME 885 springs, Toytec Spacer all assembled

Before (Stock TRD Bilsteins, OME 884 springs, Toytec Top Plate Spacer, Alcan Add-A-Leaf)

After

Old 11-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
looks nice man, i'm wanting my truck to look something like yours. if you don't mind, of course about how much did it run you to lift yours if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dude that is the exact set up i'm saveing for! Beautiful truck man, you did a great job!!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
it looks great..
Old 11-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!!!
What size tires are those?
The fit and lift are perfect.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #10
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man. love the white and black.looks like mine.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #11
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Did you rub on the stock UCA with the 17*9s and 285/70/17s? Also..how much lift did you have with the 884s
Old 11-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #12
forgotten1 has a spectacular aura aboutforgotten1 has a spectacular aura aboutforgotten1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Did you rub on the stock UCA with the 17*9s and 285/70/17s? Also..how much lift did you have with the 884s
I didn't rub on the UCAs with the 17x9s and 285/70/17. The 884s and top plate spacer probably gave me about a 2.25" lift after they settled. I did rub the fender liners slightly before, but now with the 5100s, 885s and LR UCA, I have ZERO rubbing. It's so nice turning into parking spaces without hearing that rub anymore.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #13
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
....looks great!!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
Tacoluver will become famous soon enough
Tacoluver's Tacoma Gallery
Cheers looks awesome! So much better than before. So with your spacer you've probably got about 3.5" of lift. So how's the steering wheel at high speeds?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
thedude5108 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
thedude5108's Tacoma Gallery
How's the ride?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #16
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride, were you around chandler rd and 40st last night, could have sworn i saw a truck just like yours
Old 11-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoluver View Post
Cheers looks awesome! So much better than before. So with your spacer you've probably got about 3.5" of lift. So how's the steering wheel at high speeds?
I don't think its that much lift, I'll have to check the measurements I took of the before and after. Steering wheel sits perfectly straight and doesn't shimmy at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude5108 View Post
How's the ride?
The ride is great. I really don't see much difference from what I had on there before, maybe slightly firmer, but it is still a comfortable ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedComa View Post
Nice ride, were you around chandler rd and 40st last night, could have sworn i saw a truck just like yours
Nope, not me.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #19
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Looks good man!

I am running the same exact set-up. If you don't mind can you measure the length between the center of the hub and bottom fender. The reason I am asking because I am curious to see how much my 885 coils have sagged in 2 years. Right now mine measures 23" on both sides. Thanks.