Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

does a 3 inch lift make ur car more un safe

Old 11-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
lennythetaco is on a distinguished road

lennythetaco's Tacoma Gallery
does a 3 inch lift make ur car more un safe

hey i want to buy a toytec ultimate lift for my taco but the only problem is that my dad thinks it is dangerous so he wont let me buy it. Is there any truth to his reasoning? Also if you could help me give him some facts on my it is not un safe.
thanks lenny
Old 11-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
The kit doesn't make your truck any more dangerous its the driver. The lift might actually make you safer in a wreck cuz you are higher than the other car if you doon't roll over it. The onlt thing id higher center of gravity=easier to roll. Just know your trucks limits and don't get stupid.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
No, but poor grammar and spelling does.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
No, but poor grammar and spelling does.
Hey don't give me no crap I just made an 93 in English. lol
But I am taught by an absolute tard.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
Hey don't give me any crap. I just made a 93 in English. lol
But I am taught by an absolute tard.
fixed it for you.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Translation: Please don't attack me personally. I recently scored an A in English. However, my teacher's skills are lacking and I will blame him for my lifetime shortcomings.
Haha. Does English really matter that much. I can't imagine that in any regular, real world situation someone is going to stop and tell you no because a comma was missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
fixed it for you.
Thanks maybe I should post up some of my essays and let TW fix my grammar, get that 93 to a 97.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think changing the dynamics in anyway to a vehicle that wasn't produced to those specs is a little more unsafe...but nothing to worry about if your work is solid lol!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha. Does English really matter that much. I can't imagine that in any regular, real world situation someone is going to stop and tell you no because a comma was missing.

Thanks maybe I should post up some of my essays and let TW fix my grammar, get that 93 to a 97.
Go ahead and write me a business letter with mis-spellings or missing punctuation asking me for my business. If you can't communicate properly no one will ever take you seriously.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Translation: Please don't attack me personally. I recently scored an A in English. However, my teacher's skills are lacking and I will blame him for my lifetime shortcomings.

I just laughed so hard right there.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It depends what this 'real world situation' is. If you're scribbling some graffiti on a wall, probably not. But if you're a lawyer writing a legal documnet, probably it will. It really doesn't take that much more time to write it properly.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I see no reason to practice proper edicate on TW lol...But work and school is a whole different story
Old 11-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #12
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I see no reason to practice proper edicate on TW lol...But work and school is a whole different story
norr dooo eye fuc em hoo kayrz abowt speelin

Edicate?
Old 11-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Irony is defined as misspelling etiquette when preaching about it.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #14

Quote:
People will take you seriously if your appear to take the time to speak English.

BTW: Questions end in a question mark...
I understand that proper grammar doesn't hurt, but in Texas we ain't to serious. lol I was justrying to help a guy out. As long as he understood the message I'm good.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
x2
Old 11-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #16
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Back to the point, It does raise your center of gravity making you slightly more prone to rollovers, but wider tires will make it more stable
Old 11-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Irony is defined as misspelling etiquette when preaching about it.
Smart ass
Old 11-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #18
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Its not unsafe.... Just like with any vehicle, Know your limitations.

It might help with your insurance because your higher than most of the other people on the road, but then again it will equal back out because of the higher risk of roll-over.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #19

Quote:
I know, brother... I'm just funnin...
I know it all be in goo fun.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Go ahead and write me a business letter with mis-spellings or missing punctuation asking me for my business. If you can't communicate properly no one will ever take you seriously.
Business letter Hell. Just see how far a resume written like that will get you.