Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

fabtech coilovers

Old 11-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
vegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to all
Name: Jorge Edward
vegas1's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation fabtech coilovers

I have an 04 dcab pre 2 wd and about 9 months ago I purchased a set of of fabtech 3inch coilovers off this guy who ran them for about 2 months on his taco. Sad to say, this past sunday they came off due to the passenger side coilover was making some knocking noise when I came to a complete stop (thought it was my ball joints and luckily it wasnt nor was it tight rod) and when accelerating fast off the line. I realized it was the coilver itself because I went crazy pushing and pulling on everything until i came to the c.o. and all i had to do was push and it made this internal knocking noise, not to mention I failed to notice the oil gushing out of the top of the shock and behind the thread of the adjustable nut (dont know the correct name for the part). So my question is 1) does anyone know if fabtech offers a rebuilding kit or offer a place where i can send them to get rebuilt? I've spent the past day calling shops and looking on the fabtech website to see if they offer something like this and i cant find anything. If not, then what can i do with the fabtech springs? Reuse on a bilstein 5100's? Can anyone offer any advice in this matter. Im so confused
Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
have you tried calling 4wheelparts for a rebuild or someone who knows how to rebuild. don't no if you can use the springs on 5100's. coilovers do need to be rebuilt from time to time.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
vegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to all
vegas1's Tacoma Gallery
Just got off the phone with 4 wheel parts and fabtech and they want 120.00 per shock for replacement because they are not rebuildable apparantly. So now im kinda looking at the bilstein 5100's adjustables bc its 189.00 for the pair from dms. What you think?
Old 11-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
it is up to you. if i bought coilover that you could not rebuild i would toss it, go for the 5100's. my .002
Old 11-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
vegas1's Tacoma Gallery
well considering that i dont live in vegas anymore and i dont do anymore weekends at the dunes i might as well go with the bilstiens but I do miss those desert races. Nothing like hauling ass down a trail doin 60 jumping over whoops
Old 11-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
ya fabtech sucks, you will have no problem with the billy's if you want to go fast.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
vegas1's Tacoma Gallery
DSM here I come....NOW GIVE ME MY DAMN BILSTEINS
Old 11-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
vegas1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the opinions, it always takes an outsider to help put things into perspective
Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas1 View Post
DSM here I come....NOW GIVE ME MY DAMN BILSTEINS
Sonny is the best dude.