Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tsb or aal

Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
my coconut is on a distinguished road

Name: rick
my coconut's Tacoma Gallery
Tsb or aal

Tsb & aal what is the difference in these springs. Not sure which one to purchase. I know the tsb was being installed at toyota. But my truck is a 2005 and the warranty has expired. Could someone shed some light on this for me.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
jfr02 will become famous soon enough

Army:
jfr02's Tacoma Gallery
based of what dealers charge for parts i would go with the aal.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

Army: 2-16in/ 2-3in
jason1kyle's Tacoma Gallery
u might wanna check cause from what i've read about the tsb is that its not a warrenty item its a upgrade that toyota does b/c they're toyota i spose but i havent got it done on mine yet casue i'm in iraq and trying to talk my dad through it all but i would look into it all if u can get some free springs and shocks then go with that
Old 11-10-2009, 06:26 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1kyle View Post
u might wanna check cause from what i've read about the tsb is that its not a warrenty item its a upgrade that toyota does b/c they're toyota i spose but i havent got it done on mine yet casue i'm in iraq and trying to talk my dad through it all but i would look into it all if u can get some free springs and shocks then go with that
You have read the wrong things- It is a warranty item (just like it states on the the TSB paperwork). Some folks have had it done out of warranty as a nice customer service gesture....but that's about it.

The TSB and an AAL are different- The TSB replaces the current 3-leaf pack with a new stronger 4-leaf pack. It is not designed to be a lift component (altho it does pick the rear end up a little bit)

Most AALs are usually designed to lift the rear end 2-3 inches.

So if you are looking for a lift- Give the TSB a shot and get the AAL. If you are just worried about the load capacity of your rig- Try for the TSB.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1kyle View Post
I believe the shock upgrade is only for non TRD trucks, they are upgrading to TRD shocks. When I had the TSB done on my 09 TRD Sport thats what I was told at least.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #6
my coconut is on a distinguished road

Name: rick
my coconut's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info boys, i think ill just go with the aal along with the bilstein 5100 shocks.