Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Steering Vibration

Old 11-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
taconerd is on a distinguished road

taconerd's Tacoma Gallery
Steering Vibration

I have an 07' Tacoma 4Dr, short bed, with 5100's in front w/ 265 BFG AT
I have had the alignment, balance and rotation done about 4 time since I had this set up on the truck.. Since then I have had unusual steering wheel and over all vibration while driving the truck. I had the alignment done 4 times and still having issues. Does any one else experience these same issues?
Could this be a touchy Rack and Pinion in combination with the stiffer 5100's making the road imperfections felt more?

Your input is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:06 AM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
maybe mud on back side of wheels/tires worn out/seperating.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:56 AM   #3
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
I'd suggest getting your wheels road force balanced at another place..goodyear? Then see how it drives. I've had problems where one place couldn't find a problem and the other did.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #4
Batang SMB
tacoterra is a jewel in the roughtacoterra is a jewel in the roughtacoterra is a jewel in the roughtacoterra is a jewel in the rough

tacoterra's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had that issue with that same set up @ first but it turned out its all the tire techs balancing.A lot of tire shops hire tire techs with very minimal experience.balancing big tires is hard.some will just accept 50-75 ounce difference and that can ruin the whole thing.Ask them to do dynamic mode and if possible watch the machine #s.should be zeroed to get good balancing.I would suggest you to try other tire shops as well.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
taconerd is on a distinguished road

taconerd's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for all the input...Much Appreciated!!!... I had the set put on at 4wheel parts about 4 months and had the Aliment done 4 times at 2 different Firestone's and once at 4wheel parts with balancing....I'm beginning to think it may be the balancing too.... Thanks again...