Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What are the components I will need for a lift?

Old 11-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
apw100 will become famous soon enough
apw100's Tacoma Gallery
What are the components I will need for a lift?

I am wanting to put 285 Nitto's on my Taco, but I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the minimum lift required? 2.5" is what others have said.

2. What are the required components? I want to go the Bilstein 5100 route. Do I need to replace all of the shocks or just the front ones? If I already had the TSB replacement done, do I still need to do the AAL?

Here is a link to the wheels and tires I will be buying(they are on the red Tacoma. It has a 3" Toytec lift). http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...er-forums.html

Here is a link to my Tacoma as I bought it. Not a big fan of the Enkei 20" WT4's(they look good, but they are a little to "street" for me).
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ale-trade.html

Sorry that I am so ignorant, I have only had a Taco for a few weeks! I love it though!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
duck, your searches are blank...
Old 11-12-2009, 03:58 AM   #4
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
duck, your searches are blank...

Those links must change

Type in 5100's and check the titles only box. Also type in lifts and check the same box. There is a shit pile of info.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
Bellpepper is on a distinguished road
Bellpepper's Tacoma Gallery
Call Jason @ http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoadjbils.htm
Tell him Bellpepper set you. He will tell what you need for shocks/lift.
I am running that hieght with the bilstiens

I use BF All-Terrian but, I am going to which to the new Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyea...ea=Light+Truck