Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Factory Bilstein

Old 11-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
BurritoJimmyFan is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
BurritoJimmyFan's Tacoma Gallery
Factory Bilstein

I have the Bilstein's from the factory on my 2004 TRD. Does anyone know how long these last? I have ~68k miles and the ride is okay, but I was wondering if I replaced them with new HD's, would the ride improve?

Also, do you think the Billy's from the factory are the same as the aftermarket HD's or are they lessor quality?

I thought about going with the 5100's, but I don't want a lift right now, and when I do, I will probably go a different route than adjustable shocks.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
the 5100s have a factory setting of 0
Old 11-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
imo,night and day differance.i got the billy 5100s on the rear and they r 10 time the shock over the factory trd ones.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
imo,night and day differance.i got the billy 5100s on the rear and they r 10 time the shock over the factory trd ones.
x2
Old 11-11-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I replaced mine at 4000 miles and the 5100s are much better than new stockers.
Factory shocks even Bilsteins are not the highest quality and upgrading is money well spent.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
x3
Old 11-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
BurritoJimmyFan is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
BurritoJimmyFan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies. I guess I will go with the 5100's after all.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Well Bilstein is supposed to have a life time warranty I think. But I'd definetly upgrade to the 5100s set at 0, then when you decide you wanna lift just adjust the settings Go through downsouthmotorsports.com We getta discount there, ithink there 170-180 shipped

Edit: just saw your response...good luck bud