Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear resi worth it?

Old 11-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Rear resi worth it?

So i am in the market for some rear shocks and i was interested in the rear resi but is it really worth it if i just have SAW coilovers up front? My options are the 5100s, SAW 2.0, or Icons w/ rear resi. What do you you'll think would be a good match? Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 2.0 SAW coilovers up front and the billys in the rear and I think they match up very well.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cool cool, i have the same light bar as you sandman, still haven't installed it yet. How big are the holes you have to drill through the bumper? Any paint rub off from where the bars go into the bumper?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedComa View Post
cool cool, i have the same light bar as you sandman, still haven't installed it yet. How big are the holes you have to drill through the bumper? Any paint rub off from where the bars go into the bumper?
right on brother... no the paint is actually still on even after it rained and i put it thro the car wash a few times... and the holes arent that big at all that bumper is pretty solid...im actually about to get it taken off... cuz im getting a full custom prerunner skidplate installed... and its gonna have 4 light mounts... just ordered me some piaa's im still debating if i need the HID spotlights lol...
Old 11-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
5100s in the rear.ride great imo.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #7
Yotas For Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
right on brother... no the paint is actually still on even after it rained and i put it thro the car wash a few times... and the holes arent that big at all that bumper is pretty solid...im actually about to get it taken off... cuz im getting a full custom prerunner skidplate installed... and its gonna have 4 light mounts... just ordered me some piaa's im still debating if i need the HID spotlights lol...
Nice, make sure to post some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
5100s in the rear.ride great imo.
That might just be what i go with, but keep the opinions coming. Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedComa View Post
Nice, make sure to post some pics

That might just be what i go with, but keep the opinions coming. Thanks
yea deff.. im pretty stoked.. let me get your opinion tho.. a little off topic... im gonna have four light mounts on the bumper... and i was wondering if i should go all 7" lights across or go two 9" the middle and two 7" on the outside... or go 7" all the way across..??
Old 11-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
Yotas For Life!

Not sure if they're 9s or 7s but if they're all in row like that i think the same size all the way across looks better but i think the 9s in the middle gives it more of a prerunner look so depends what your going for, but in the end i think its a win win situation
Old 11-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #11
Yotas For Life!

No worries, anyone else have opinions on what shocks to go with?
Old 11-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #13
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
DR in the front and billies 7100 with resi in the rear. they ride so smooth. they are valved at 170/60
Old 11-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
5100s all around, love it