Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

which kit should i go with?

Old 11-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
which kit should i go with?

Earlier this year i bought the 3'' spacer lift with the AAL from toytec. I am not very pleased with it, although it does look nice. Its kind of a rough ride. I guess ya get what ya pay for eh. Some time next year i wanna buy a different kit. Just wondering what everyone thought would be the better way to go for a 3'' lift. Doin it right this time. Also i am still running the stock 265/70/16 just until they were out. i wanna go a little bigger without wearing down other parts of the truck, as this is my everyday truck and im on the highway alot.Whats ur thoughts.
thanks

02 tacoma ext.cab 3.4L 5 spd
Old 11-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking to keep it around the price you paid for the spacer lift, then this if a good choice. If you want to go with a very good quality lift for a good price, then here is another nice one.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
I swapped from revtek spacers to SAWs. Its night and day. coilovers are sweet.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
yah i not cheapin out this time. or if i can modify what i already have that would be good to. What are SAWs?
Old 11-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
Sway-A-Way. its a brand of coilovers. Trust me if you want to do it right buck up the cash and get some coilovers. so much better than spacers. coilovers are expensive though anywhere from 700-1000+.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
complete ome lift kit
Old 11-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Does that ome lift kit give you 3" of lift or 2.5? And what is it saying about a top spacer plate? sorry im confused.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
Does that ome lift kit give you 3" of lift or 2.5? And what is it saying about a top spacer plate? sorry im confused.
The OME kit will give you close to 3'', and that top plate spacer isn't bad at all, and will give you the full 3''. I'd go with that kit any day!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
Master of War

shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
since i already have the aal from the kit i have now, what if i just bought the front OME N91SC shocks and the front ome 882 medium coils?
Old 11-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
Master of War

shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
its says to only go with the top plate spacer if you go with the 881 coils, if you get the 882 or 883 you dont have to. Or does it matter?
Old 11-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
Reagan/Bush '84

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
since i already have the aal from the kit i have now, what if i just bought the front OME N91SC shocks and the front ome 882 medium coils?
You could do that, along with a differential drop if you're a 4x4. If you added everything up separately like this, it would be around $600.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
its says to only go with the top plate spacer if you go with the 881 coils, if you get the 882 or 883 you dont have to. Or does it matter?
If you got anything other than the 881's, you won't have to use the top plate spacer.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #12
Master of War

shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
yah i already got the diff drop in er. So if i went with those shocks and springs instead of the spacers i would think she'd run smoother then eh.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys think this is a good lift for the money. Will it last? Or should i wait till summer and dish out a few more bucks for some icons?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #14
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
If you go with 3" or more will you need to replace the UCAs?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #15
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Food for thought:

A coilover such as ICON, SAW, King, etc.
-has the ability to be rebuilt
-has the ability to be adjusted
-shows better performance (on/off road)

a strut such as a OME
-has a much lower up-front cost

I got to thinking about this, and my most important concern was longevity and the long-term costs. From what I was told, average lifespan on a shock is 3 years, so every 3 years I would be looking at this (note that prices are approximate):
-rebuild an ICON: $40 labor, $30 seal each = $70 each
-replace an OME: $150 for the shock, maybe a bit of increased labor (they need to disassemble/reassemble) = $150 + $40 initial labor + (labor for disassemble/reassemble? Maybe $30 more?) = $220 each

From a recent quote I was given and assuming my data is correct above, a front OME setup compared to an ICON setup would mean that both packages would show an equal investment once I went in for the 6-year service.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #16
same guy as other nelson18matt
nelson18matt2 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: EX-CONE
Name: Matt
nelson18matt2's Tacoma Gallery
get coilovers. check all the sites TW, customtacos, TTORA, race dezert constantly and you can pick up some used ones for a good price. or just buy them new if it's in your budget
Old 11-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #17
same guy as other nelson18matt
nelson18matt2 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: EX-CONE
Name: Matt
nelson18matt2's Tacoma Gallery
here ya go, dont know if seller would be willing to ship but give it a try

http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/t...second&id=6784