Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

To many lifts. What one to do?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
To many lifts. What one to do?

I have been looking at lifts for the past 5 months and now i im just confused on what one to get. I have this stupid 3" spacer lift sitting in my room that i do not want to use. Now i am looking at the 3" ome lift, pro comp 3" lift, or saving and waiting until this summer for some icons. I really dont want to wait to lift my truck but if i have to i will. Thats all i hear about the affordable pro comp lift is that its crap. but on the other hand i have spoke to 2 people who have the pro comp lift and they so no problems so far. Then there is the ome lift which is affordable and its suppose to be durable. Or i can waitttt until summer and put on some icons. The only thing i like about the pro comp lift besides that its affordable is that it lift the back a full 3"s. All the other kits are usually 1 1/2 inches or 2. Help me make up my mind.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
you can always add more to the rear with other lifts. I added an inch using lift shackles from toytec. and lifting the rear a full 3 inches wont leave your truck level. it will be tail high
Old 11-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
stanman9 will become famous soon enough
stanman9's Tacoma Gallery
you can't lift the 2nd gens with shackles
Old 11-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Right now im leaning towards the ome kit. I originally wanted to install it myself. But this kit has a diff drop kit included. Is that hard to install does anyone have a tutorial on how to install?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wait and lift it right. You won't regret it in the end!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Go with the complete OME kit... You won't be disappointed!
x2
Old 11-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
Right now im leaning towards the ome kit. I originally wanted to install it myself. But this kit has a diff drop kit included. Is that hard to install does anyone have a tutorial on how to install?
are you going to be offroading any? either way the ome complete lift kit is your best bet! a diff drop is very easy to install. im sure there is a write up for it somewhere on here
Old 11-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #9

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
yes i do some off roading here and there but nothing crazyyyy! But i do want something that will last and not cause problems.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
same guy as other nelson18matt
nelson18matt2 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: EX-CONE
Name: Matt
nelson18matt2's Tacoma Gallery
http://outlawoffroadstore.com/22267/....0_V6_GAS.html

great products at great prices. you will love this kit, go w/ more options if you got the $$$