Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What to do ahhhh?

Old 11-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
What to do ahhhh?

I'm stressing a little and need some input. I want to lift the truck a small amount (2.5 at most) and I want to keep a smooth ride.

This is what I'm looking at:

Front -
Bilstein 5100s set at .85" - $190
Eibach Front Coils - $105 GB Price
Used Top Plates from Toytec - Unknown

Toytec will only give me the top plates if I buy their Bilsteins and they do the assembly of my 5100s and Coils. They are going to charge me $100 to assemble them. So I get the assembly and top plates for $100 basically.

So I have a front lift for - $395 + shipping

Rear -
TSB AAL - $80 + shipping

Toytec suggests that I also purchase -
Shock Extenders - $15 -- These are suppose to keep me from losing 2" of travel keeping my stock TRD rear shocks.

Driveshaft Carrier Bearing Drop Kit - $11 -- This is suppose to eliminate vibrations that can occur from the driveshaft due to the lift.

Sounds like shipping will be around $50. So an entire lift kit for - $550 to my door.

I want this lift for driving in deep winter snow and looks. I'm not a hardcore wheeler.

Is this a good deal? Will this meet my needs? I don't want to spend anymore than this.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Get some billys in the rear as well.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I'd just go with the OME kit if I were you... It has all you'd need and is a great quality kit. I've heard it rides great, and Chris4x4 can give you some input...

But as for that setup, I think you'd be fine. Good luck!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tac05 View Post
Get some billys in the rear as well.
Don't want to spend any more money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I'd just go with the OME kit if I were you... It has all you'd need and is a great quality kit. I've heard it rides great, and Chris4x4 can give you some input...

But as for that setup, I think you'd be fine. Good luck!
Too expensive
Old 11-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post

Too expensive
Gotcha...

You could go with this kit without the shocks... Or you could order Billy's for the front and back for $300 more from Downsouth Motorsports... That would be around $600, which is $50 more than your original option.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Then yea, you should be good with the setup you listed and you can always upgrade your rear shocks later.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Just save like I'm doing for the OME kit, what's the rush!!??
Old 11-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
Just save like I'm doing for the OME kit, what's the rush!!??
My parents are going to be pissed at me spending 500 on a lift. The more I spend the worse it is. It's my money and it's my truck but they still have opinions and such.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Any more opinions on this?
Old 11-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #10
09Doright8126 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
09Doright8126's Tacoma Gallery
This what I did... 4 Bilstein 5100s from downsouthmotorsports $283 + Eibach springs (group buy) $120. I left the front shocks at 0" and got 1.6" of lift on the front. However, you can set the front billys to .85" and get 2.45" of lift on the front. Get the rear TSB done for free and an AAL if you want for about $80. Install yourself (I did) or have a garage do it.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised someone hasn't said this yet, but when you start getting to the 2.5" lift mark you may run into alignment issues. New UCA's are a minimum of $449...

If I was you and didn't want to spend so much money get 5100 on all four corners ($300 shipped from Down South Motor Sports), set the front to 1.75" and get the TSB done for the rear and call it a day. What's another 3/4 of an inch really going to do for you?

In the next year or so save your money up and get new UCA's and some coils (Eibach or OME) and set the bilsteins to stock height and let the springs do the lifting. That way you don't have to shell out a huge chunk of change for the first time lift and you have versatility later on down the road...