Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

need help bad!!!!

Old 11-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
Name: Austin
taco_man's Tacoma Gallery
need help bad!!!!

okay so im installing my lift right now and im trying to put on my new total chaos uca but i cant get the bolt off that attaches the stock uca to the spindle. i been banging on it for a while but not even a budge.... help me tacoma world!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco_man View Post
okay so im installing my lift right now and im trying to put on my new total chaos uca but i cant get the bolt off that attaches the stock uca to the spindle. i been banging on it for a while but not even a budge.... help me tacoma world!!!

This bolt?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Hit it harder. Not being smart ass, being serious.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...w-install.html

Here is a write up on the UCA's
Old 11-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
is it suppost to be spongy??? sorry but ive never installed a lift before.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
is it suppost to be spongy??? sorry but ive never installed a lift before.
What is "Spongy"....the bolt?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I couldn't get mine off by banging on it either. I ended up using a crowbar and popped it off
Old 11-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
no when i hit down on it. the whole suspension is going up and down with me. currently i have the whole coil and shock out i just need this uca out! how did yall get yours out? and yes it is the bolt that u showed in the picture.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #9

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
If you take the castle nut and install it upside down you will get more surface area to hit and you won't mess up the threads.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #10

Hit UP on the bolt.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
ive been trying to hit up on the bolt. nothing...
Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #12

Quote:
ive been trying to hit up on the bolt. nothing...
Hit it harder. Its tough, but it will go.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #13

It may be more difficult with the shock removed. You may want to reinstall the shock assembly to help hold it still.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #14
tacomapack is on a distinguished road

Marines:
tacomapack's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if this would apply to a Tacoma spindle, but when I re-did the front suspension on my 65' Mustang the prefered/only way of removing the spindle from the UCA was to beat the hell out of the spindle right where the UCA/ball joint goes through the spindle. The shock from this makes the spindle fall away from the UCA. Don't want to give bad advice so hopefully others can chime in on this method if they've tried it. Oh and the bigger the hammer the better! And get really pissed at it too!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomapack View Post
I don't know if this would apply to a Tacoma spindle, but when I re-did the front suspension on my 65' Mustang the prefered/only way of removing the spindle from the UCA was to beat the hell out of the spindle right where the UCA/ball joint goes through the spindle. The shock from this makes the spindle fall away from the UCA. Don't want to give bad advice so hopefully others can chime in on this method if they've tried it. Oh and the bigger the hammer the better! And get really pissed at it too!
I wouldnt recomend that on the Tacoma. The spindle is kinda thin on the top.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #16
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Bang it harder or go buy a 2 jaw gear puller from the auto parts store. I can't tell you how many times that tool has saved me a headache.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #17
tacomapack is on a distinguished road

Marines:
tacomapack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I wouldnt recomend that on the Tacoma. The spindle is kinda thin on the top.
I stand corrected! Thanks Chris!