Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift question...

Old 11-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
Howard Roark
Gossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud of

Gossamer's Tacoma Gallery
Lift question...

I want a limited lift, something for bigger tires, and the ability to have an aftermarket bumper/winch mount and possibly a snow blade in winter. Should I be doing OME springs and bilsteins with an AAL in the rear? I may not do the blade so will that make a big difference in what I choose?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
I want a limited lift, something for bigger tires, and the ability to have an aftermarket bumper/winch mount and possibly a snow blade in winter. Should I be doing OME springs and bilsteins with an AAL in the rear? I may not do the blade so will that make a big difference in what I choose?
if you are gonna go with a heavy plate bumper....yeah, you'll need some beefier coils than the stockers.....and aal for the rear is a great idea.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
Howard Roark
Gossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud of

how bad is it goign to make my ride in the meantime?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
how bad is it goign to make my ride in the meantime?
depending on the coils you get....it will be a good bit stiffer..........but i dont think it'll be too bad.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
Howard Roark

thanks...is there a specific setup that is recommended? i've been eyeing the group buy with the eibach springs and bilsteins...is this too soft?
Old 11-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #6

Quote:
thanks...is there a specific setup that is recommended? i've been eyeing the group buy with the eibach springs and bilsteins...is this too soft?
i havent really looked at the eibach's......so i dont know the load rating on them. post some of your truck info and we can tell you the better setup for your needs.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
Howard Roark

sorry....2010 Dbl cab offroad...
Old 11-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #8

Quote:
sorry....2010 Dbl cab offroad...
ah....you'll probably need the ome 886 coils.....especially since you have a dc and are gonna get a bumper.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
Howard Roark

that's what i had gathered from reading but wasn't sure. i'm scared of it riding like a lumber wagon...wife will hate it!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #10

Quote:
that's what i had gathered from reading but wasn't sure. i'm scared of it riding like a lumber wagon...wife will hate it!!!
get the 886 coils.....and some ome shocks with them....they are valved for those specific coils. i have the billy 5100's.....i like them, but for ride quality....the ome's are gonna be better i think.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
Howard Roark

where's the best place to put this setup together...toytec?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #12

Quote:
where's the best place to put this setup together...toytec?
probably either toyteclifts.com.......or wheelersoffroad.com.......but with great prices and customer service....plus you get a tw discount at both.