Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3'' spacer lift. who has em'??

Old 11-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
prerunner05 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
prerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
3'' spacer lift. who has em'??

So who on here has a 3'' front spacer lift on there truck? Have you noticed any changes/bad vibes etc...?? or are you satisfied with the decision you made with the spacer lift? lets see pics and hear the in and outs of this lift kit!!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer kits are known for their horrible ride quality... I'd say completely skip the spacers at all costs...
Old 11-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i had a 2.5" spacer lift on my 07 prerunner and a 3" at one time on my 09 4x4. less to worry about being 2wd. and mine werent that bad of rides
Old 11-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
I'm running the 3" toytec spacer lift. It definitely stiffens up the ride! They're actually gonna be coming off VERY soon, as i just purchased some coil overs.. I'd say skip the spacers and get coilovers

Old 11-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I would just go with the 5100's and start from there but spacers arent to bad of a ride from what I have experienced on the road in my buddies taco.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3" spacer and it is not a good ride by any means. It is very stiff. I regret putting the kit on, which will be coming off soon
Old 11-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #8
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
had it.dont reccomend it.save up and get the good stuff.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm rockin a 3" lift and I have no ride issues...I mean don't get me wrong its different than stock but nothing crazy...Plan on getting rid of the spacers soon though anyhow and rollin with the Billy 5100s and OME 885 Coils

Edit: The reason I went with the Spacer kit is because i'm not gonna be wheelin hard since my truck is only a TRD OR PR
Old 11-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
prerunner05 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
prerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
thats the thing i do some mild offroading but not very often. not many places to go anyway plus only prerunner. just a daily driver to and from work and out to wherever. also i talked to my local auto performance shop and he told me to go with the 5100 adjustables with a 1/2 inch spacer on top with aal in the rear. what do you guys think of that??
Old 11-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #11
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner05 View Post
thats the thing i do some mild offroading but not very often. not many places to go anyway plus only prerunner. just a daily driver to and from work and out to wherever. also i talked to my local auto performance shop and he told me to go with the 5100 adjustables with a 1/2 inch spacer on top with aal in the rear. what do you guys think of that??
that would work as well and also should ride better
Old 11-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I originally wanted the truck level, and had a 3" spacer up front with a 2" aal in back. After deciding a like the look of a bit of a rack, I switched out the front spacer to a 1.5". The truck seemed to be floating before, and the cv boot ribs were rubbing...even with the differential drop. Now it actually rides pretty good, and no more worries about the boots tearing. I plan on upgrading to a better set up when it's time to get new tires and shocks...