Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear springs with no lift

Old 11-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
tacoontherock is on a distinguished road

tacoontherock's Tacoma Gallery
Rear springs with no lift

Does anybody make a rear spring that performs like Deavers but does not add any lift. Cant seem to find any. Do i have to have them custom made? I like the way my truck sits now and dont want to lift the rear. Thanx
Old 11-15-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Can't Deaver custom make OEM style ones? I'm sure Alcan can make them for you.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
Living the dream !!!
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Why?

Why are you considering a new rear leaf pack? What is your goal/desired outcome? Other then having it sit the same as before.

My guess is that you want a better performing rear leaf that isn't so soft, correct?

Anyway, if you get a stiffer set of leafs that will sit higher as it would 'sag' less then the soft ones you have now.

You could try an add-a-leaf. That would also raise the back a bit.

My suggestion is you get a Dakar/OME or Deaver leaf pack and take out some of the leafs until it's close to what you're looking for.. and then get yourself a couple of sandbags and toss them in the back to attain more or less the same posture as before. Or add a shell/cap?

Basically a vehicle suspension system is just that, a system. And changing/upgrading one component will have an effect on that system - guaranteed.

Well, I am no expert on this issue certainly. Did a lot of extensive research on suspension when I upgraded mine earlier this year.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
deaver and alcan can do custom leafs, 0" lift to whatever, i have 2" lift deaver 10 pack. i should have gone for more but ohwell. just call them and tell them what you want