1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

camburg spindles and billy 5100s??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dabighi, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Nov 16, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    dabighi

dabighi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    first of all im sure that there is a thread out there similar to what im about to write and i just want to start off saying sorry. havent been on here in a while or been up on things. anyways with that said...im currently running the procomp 3" strut lift with aal's and pro comp rear shocks. over all not a bad kit for daily driving and stuff i must admit. but overtime the front is actually a little lower than the rear and yes i am from so cal and like the so cal (baja) lean. if i run the camburg spindles with the bilstein 5100's up front what coils will i need to get? also is it true that spindles will provide for a smoother ride??? again thanks alot for any input and help..

2. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    dabighi

Member:
    ????? Come on I know you guys have an answer

3. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    06Bluez

06Bluez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.
    You can run the stock coils. And yes it will be a smoother ride because your LCA's wont be at an extreme angle.

4. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    Its_Taco_Time

Its_Taco_Time Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    CST spindles, Magnaflow, TRD intake
    The spindles, 5100s and brake line extenders for the front. Should need any sway bar relocators or anything. What setting are you going to put the billys on? It will be smoother yes, assuming you keep the bilsteins on 1.75 or below.

5. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    Spindles don't change the "smoothness" of the ride. They just provide you with lift that way you don't need to preload your coilovers or bilsteins.

Get the Camburg Spindles and run the Bilstein 5100s at whatever height you want. I'd stay below the 2.5'' setting on the Bilstein that way you don't have to worry about your alignment and can avoid buying new upper control arms. It will also ride smoother the lower the setting on the Bilstein

You will need to purchase extended brakelines for the front as well.

6. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:34 AM
    dabighi

Member:
    Don't have the coils anymore.probably set the shocks at an inch no more than 1.75.already have the sway bar relocation bracket on there

Products Discussed in

To Top