Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Choosing suspension...

Old 11-17-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
JumpMaster31B is a jewel in the roughJumpMaster31B is a jewel in the roughJumpMaster31B is a jewel in the rough

Army: ABN MP, 16th MP BDE (ABN), Fort Bragg, NC
Name: Kelly
JumpMaster31B's Tacoma Gallery
Choosing suspension...

So I found what I think are good suspension packages. One is IVD and the other is Fox. I am new to all this so Im lost. How are the prices?

Link to Fox...
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/39119

Link to IVD...
http://www.socalsupertrucks.com/prod...2008&drive=4WD

What do yall think?
Thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of wheeling will you do? Terrain, speed, frequency, daily driving habits, etc. all factor into what would work best for you. Start with the application and that'll help determine what would be a good setup for you.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
JumpMaster31B is a jewel in the roughJumpMaster31B is a jewel in the roughJumpMaster31B is a jewel in the rough

Army: ABN MP, 16th MP BDE (ABN), Fort Bragg, NC
Name: Kelly
JumpMaster31B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
What kind of wheeling will you do? Terrain, speed, frequency, daily driving habits, etc. all factor into what would work best for you. Start with the application and that'll help determine what would be a good setup for you.

My truck is a daily driver. I zip around Fort Bragg most of the time. On average two/three weekends a month I will make the 200 mile trip home. I want to start going into the mountains up there, do the occasional mud hole at Bragg and hit some jumps. Is one of those kits better than the other?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Either of those systems will work well for you. Both are excellent choices.

Note that the Fox kit does not lift the rear while the IVD one includes an add-a-leaf to give you 1.5" of rear lift.

As for pricing, I'd recommend checking out Wheeler's Offroad. They have an excellent reputation and great pricing.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoma.htm
Old 11-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
same guy as other nelson18matt
nelson18matt2 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: EX-CONE
Name: Matt
nelson18matt2's Tacoma Gallery
outlaw offroad has some really good prices on Icon parts. check em out. i have Icons on my 1st gen and they are great. but fox makes great products too. cant go wrong with either.

http://outlawoffroadstore.com/23773/....0_V6_GAS.html