Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My Proposed Build-up

Old 11-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
757southpaw's Tacoma Gallery
My Proposed Build-up

Looking to build-up my 07' Taco TRD Sport DC LB with the following:

Front
1pr. Billstien 5100 shocks @ 2.5" keeping stock coils
UCA's ??

Rear
1pr. ToyTec 2" AAL's (truck currently has the 3 leaf pack)
1pr. Billstein 5100 shocks

Wheels
17" stock

Tires
Nitto TG's or Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 (265/70/17)
Considering spacers w/ 275's and another brand tire!

Truck is my daily driver and I plan on using it on the beach and on occasion some light trails in the Va. mountains!

Questions
1) Is it okay to use the stock front coils w/ the 5100 shocks?
2) Are the 5100 rear shocks necessary?
3) Think I'll need spacer to accomdate 275 tire on a stock rim? If so what size?
4) Should I consider adding UCA's to the front?
5) Is my propesed build-up good enough for starters? Any comments are welcomed!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
good start, yes youll be fine with stock coils, yes you should add 5100s in the rear. i didnt for the longest time but im glad i did. no you dont need uca's
Old 11-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
cjbs2003 is on a distinguished road
Name: Travis
cjbs2003's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjbs2003 Send a message via Yahoo to cjbs2003
When your done building up your truck, you can bring your knowledge up to northern Va and help me build up mine! HAHA Good luck! Post some before and after pictures when you're done...
Old 11-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
1) Yep!
2) Not necessary, but provides a better ride if I'm not mistaken.
3) Not sure about if you'll need it or not, but I'd highly recommend that if you do, go with Spidertrax spacers ONLY...
4)Add it into the budget and make sure you have enough money for it all, but I wouldn't order it immediately with the rest of the stuff. I'd only buy them if you are having an alignment problem.
5) Yep, that's a great start for beginners! You won't be disappointed!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbs2003 View Post
When your done building up your truck, you can bring your knowledge up to northern Va and help me build up mine! HAHA Good luck! Post some before and after pictures when you're done...

Travis - I saw a build-up on a 2010' somewhere on here this morining. He didn't waste any time at all!!

I think my build up is the most economical...hope I'm rite! Once I get it done I'll post the pics!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #6

Can someone tell me if I'll need anything else in addition to what is mentioned for my front and rear proposed items. Gonna be placing an order by weeks end and take to a shop for installation. I want to be prepared!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #7
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757southpaw View Post
Can someone tell me if I'll need anything else in addition to what is mentioned for my front and rear proposed items. Gonna be placing an order by weeks end and take to a shop for installation. I want to be prepared!
Are you 4WD?
Old 11-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #9

Haven't placed an order yet...still trying to confirm if I need additional items to my proposed build-up....anybody?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
still haven't placed order
Old 02-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure he ordered.....this is from 2.5 years ago, lol!