Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

pics of 3 to 4in lift with spacers and glass fenders needed.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
pics of 3 to 4in lift with spacers and glass fenders needed.

Ok so that is what I want to do on my 06 Speedway blue DcLB. Anybody have pictures? or ideas.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
glass fenders are pretty much just for long travel trucks.
you planning on going LT?
Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
i have seen a few trucks that wernt lt that had fiberglass, but they were running giant tires
Old 11-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
I do want LT but how much lift do you get out of LT. I have seen 1st gen trucks with 1.5 wheel spacers 3in lift and glass fenders and think they look good. Just would like to see 2nd gen truck
Old 11-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT stands for long travel, and it gets about 4 inches of lift, and runs you about 4k with shocks and the kit
Old 11-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #6

yea, i actually think with some wheel spacers, and a lift (coilover/spacer/whatever) would look really good with fenders, if they are painted
Old 11-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I was running glass and the stock suspension on my truck for a bit. Looked goofy, but then I didn't have wheel spacers or spindles to push the tires out.

Could look good as long as the wheels sit far enough out to fill the width of the fenders.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Seems there are no front Drive shafts.....
Old 11-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #9
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Stock fenders:

Glass fenders on the same truck:

Without wheel spacers in both.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #11

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
ding ding ding

we have a winner
Well, what'd you expect from Chris4x2 ?
Old 11-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Well, what'd you expect from Chris4x2 ?
Old 11-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #13
OAKLYTRD What wheel where on there for those pics? I think with Glass fenders I could get a deeper wheel because rubbing would no longer be a problem.

Ktm rider: What do you ride? I have a plated 525 exc and live down in Paso Robles.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #14

i dont like the tires
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #15
randombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nice
Army: A 3/43 ADA
randombob's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to randombob
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
i dont like the tires
I don't like… well hell, I don't like anything about it. Just fuggin' ugly. Sorry, if you don't have the LT front end, the fenders just seem out of place.

And fugly. Did I mention that? Not sure if I mentioned that. Fugly.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #16
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here is my truck with spacers with stock fenders. idk if they would stick out far enough for glass fenders or not, but they do push the wheels out quite a bit

Old 11-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #17
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
here is my truck with spacers with stock fenders. idk if they would stick out far enough for glass fenders or not, but they do push the wheels out quite a bit

Ay your truck looks good bro... I've been thinking about the flares as well and when I saw it without long travel it just looks odd as shit haha... I really like the bushwackers and the rugged trail look that u have... Are u running the spindles up front..??
Old 11-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post

What size spacers? That looks really good. I think the spacers with a deeper offset wheel would fill in the glass fenders. Also how much lift do you have and what tire size?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #19

Thanks!
Yea I like bushwackers too, I just have the base model unpainted fenders on mine.
I dont have spindles im just running fox 2.0's
I had the spidertrax 1.25" spacers. 285-65X18 tires with a 2.75" lift

I think those spacers with the added width from the spindles would probably work with glass fenders. you should try it! the spacers are only $100
Old 11-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #20
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery

yea i got lift spindeles from camburg... i was thinking that that it could fill in the flares but im not sure yet... i just see a lot of trucks here in cali super flared out and they look garbage not to mention the posing that they are doing haha.. but those bushwackers are bad ass as well... cuz with the bushwackers i can do front and back... but if i get flares i have to paint them and i can only get the front... but we will see... those bushwackers bring out the wheel more if u got black rims...