Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need Clarification: 3" Lift, TC UCA's and Stock Rims

Old 11-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
Need Clarification: 3" Lift, TC UCA's and Stock Rims

So I've read thread after thread, searched a whole lot but have found inconclusive information. Basically I just want to know if I need wheel spacers with the below set up.

Toytec Ultimate Lift
TC UCA
Stock Rims
33x10.50x16 tires or the metric equivalent.

I'm set on that lift and tire size, but don't want new wheels or spacers. If there is a better UCA, I would not mind using a different one but from my research the TC UCA seems to be what I'm looking for.

So if you are running this set up or know for a fact, please chime in. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't you want new wheels or wheel spacers?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
I like the stock wheels, don't want to spend the money, and don't really like the idea of putting a spacer on. Seems like one more thing to go wrong, break down, etc..

So with the UCA rub the tire, or the stock wheel?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
Thanks, what is the best back spacing if I go the new wheel route? 4.25? 4.5?

2nd gen spacers would need to be hub centric right?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
with 285/70/17 tires, the tire will rub the uca at full lock. I had Spidertrax spacers with no problems. They are probably the most trusted.....
He won't rub the UCAs if he's running TC will he?
Old 11-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
I've hear both, that TC UCA's will rub with stock wheels and 33x1050 and that they won't.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #10
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
I want to say yes you will still rub the front of the uca at full turn if you have no spacer and 285's (33"). I can not say for sure because I did the TC uca's and Spidertrax in the same install.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
Anyone running TC UCA's on stockers with 33's and not rubbing?