Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

IFS Drive Axle Replacement/Upgrade

Old 02-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
No Mo Taco :(
Redroadrider is on a distinguished road

Redroadrider's Tacoma Gallery
IFS Drive Axle Replacement/Upgrade

Just looking to hear who folks think make the best replacement IFS axle assembly or parts. I have a 2000 2.7l/4cl, 4wd, manual hubs and transmission, 4" lift. With 160,000kMi on all but engine and suspension, I figure I might as well start looking at what my options are. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
If it ain't broke - don't fix it.
Oh, that's helpful.

I'm only marginally more helpful. I would venture to say that the first gen suspension ace is 350tacozilla. If he doesn't come around, you should send him a PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:57 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Oh, that's helpful.
Since the original poster didn't mention anything about having problems with them .... then I have no idea why he/she wants to change them. Toyota front axle components rarely wear out just under normal driving conditions.

So, Why put your money into replacing something that isn't needed? If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

OR - perhaps the original poster can elaborate what exactly he's looking for in replacement. Does he want to upgrade and why? Is he having problems with them? Are they making noises? Does he want to just replaced with stock components? Is he asking for tips on how to do it himself?

Maybe some maintenance would do the trick and save him a ton of money.

Helpful yet?? Or isn't that good enough for ya?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #5
No Mo Taco :(
Redroadrider is on a distinguished road

Redroadrider's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry it took so long to repsond. I've torn the inner CV boot on the passenger side and was just wondering if, in the long run, it would be better to just replace/upgrade them, and possibly the upper control arms.