Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ToyTec Lift Installed - Now Questions...

Old 11-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
DblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
ToyTec Lift Installed - Now Questions...

I just installed a ToyTec Lift (Option 4 and Option 5 for those that were in on the group buy) It is Bilstein 5100 front and rear shocks, Eibach Coils, Add A Leaf in the rear, and Light Racing UCAs. These are the numbers I’m measuring. Could this be right? What have I done wrong? Just got back from the alignment shop and everything aligned fine and it drives great.

Pre Install Measurement Front:

Post Install Measurement Front:

Pre Install Measurement Rear:

Post Install Measurement Rear:

The rear measurements seem right in line with what I expected. The front – no so much!

Here’s how it sits.

Pre:

Any ideas?

Thanks,

dd
Old 11-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
DblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
CRAP!!!

Just realized after reading a few more posts that I put the clip in the wrong groove. I put it in the upper most groove on the shock and I guess it should be in the 2nd from the bottom. The paperwork that came with the socks was marked:

Something

I looked at the shock instructions and thought “2.5in. lift… that’s what I want” So I put the clips at the 2.5 position.

What am I going to ruin if I drive one week (about 190 miles) until I can take everything back apart? Or should I park it until I have another day off?

dd
Old 11-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblD View Post
CRAP!!!

Just realized after reading a few more posts that I put the clip in the wrong groove. I put it in the upper most groove on the shock and I guess it should be in the 2nd from the bottom. The paperwork that came with the socks was marked:

Something

I looked at the shock instructions and thought “2.5in. lift… that’s what I want” So I put the clips at the 2.5 position.

What am I going to ruin if I drive one week (about 190 miles) until I can take everything back apart? Or should I park it until I have another day off?

dd
You should be ok for a week. BUT, you may be doing some damage to the ball joints.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You should be ok for a week. BUT, you may be doing some damage to the ball joints.
Thanks Chris4x4

Just the info I was needing. Kicking myself in the ass for having to do this twice. Will I need another alignment after the reinstall?

dd
Old 11-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblD View Post
Thanks Chris4x4

Just the info I was needing. Kicking myself in the ass for having to do this twice. Will I need another alignment after the reinstall?

dd
yup
Old 11-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure the collars on the bottom of the spring are not upside down as well. They should slip down over the lock ring and keep it in it's home.
My Eibach 1.6 springs are at .85 notch and it rides great.
36 1/4" from the ground with 265-65-17 tires.
2" AAL in back 39"from ground.

I am suprised they could align it. With a 1/4" spacer on top of the LF my alignment guy said I was almost maxed on that side.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Make sure the collars on the bottom of the spring are not upside down as well. They should slip down over the lock ring and keep it in it's home.
My Eibach 1.6 springs are at .85 notch and it rides great.
36 1/4" from the ground with 265-65-17 tires.
2" AAL in back 39"from ground.

I am suprised they could align it. With a 1/4" spacer on top of the LF my alignment guy said I was almost maxed on that side.
It will be at the max. of the alignment, but still "In spec". To get it perfect, you will need different UCA's.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #8
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Make sure the collars on the bottom of the spring are not upside down as well. They should slip down over the lock ring and keep it in it's home..
This is also what I thought when I saw the picture.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #9
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
Ok…
This is better. It took doing it twice to get it right. The spring perches on the shocks have been changed to the .85 setting. Out the $$$ for another alignment but I figure it’s worth it to know that it is done correctly this time around.

Thanks to all who posted up.

dd

Here’s how it sits now.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #10

Good to hear you got it!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:08 AM   #11
671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

671taco's Tacoma Gallery
nice she looks good!