1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I want Toytec 3 inch lift, but don't know how to install it?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ERdept, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Feb 23, 2008 at 8:26 PM
    ERdept

ERdept [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I decided on a Toytec lift.

But, I'm not only mechanically declined, but have no work area or tools to install the lift kit.

Can you recommend any shops in SoCal, near Long Beach that are able to install the lift kit for me?

2. Feb 27, 2008 at 2:32 AM
    ERdept

Member:
    After about 20 phone calls and nearly and hour, I found that Wes at Toyota of Long Beach will install it.]

I'm kinda surprized at a Official dealer installing an aftermarket part. But, then again, my local Honda dealership is putting on lowering springs, intakes, and exhausts, due to the popularity of the ricer racer nowadays.

3. Feb 27, 2008 at 3:17 AM
    dwb

dwb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pine Mountain, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab, TRD Sport/4X4, mostly stock with a few mods.
    Bilstein 5100's all around, 265/70/R17 BFG AT's, TRD seat covers, True Flow XDI Intake System. Fog light mod. More to come.
    It is kind of strange that the Toyota dealership would install the lift. The reason I say that is because when I installed my 3" Toytec a few years ago, and took it in for alignment, they told me it would void the drivetrain warranty. I thought that sounded way harsh, and only ran with the lift for a few months before removing it. Kept having the vibes and hums at speed. But hey, I'm glad to hear you have a qualified shop to do the install for you. And "get that alignment".:thumbsup:

4. Feb 27, 2008 at 3:54 PM
    ERdept

Member:

Ditto, thought it was strange too, but I was provided his number by Toytec themselves.

They said they sold a few kits to the dealership and that several of their managers drive lifted trucks.

When I asked if it would void the warranty, he said, neither yes or no. What he did say was that "you'd have some problems getting warranty work done". I took this to mean that it would.

I'd rather have them install it since all they deal with is TOYOTA stuff and have done it before.

5. Feb 27, 2008 at 8:39 PM
    evile

evile Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2006 DoubleCab TRD OffRoad PreRunner
    Bug shield vent visors Westin Chrome bull bar K&N Airfilter Pioneer CD/MP3/Ipod/DVD head unit KC Daylighters, LED map and dome lights, secondary airfilter removed. Black tube steps, 110v outlet in cab
    as a tech for a dealership Ford says the only way Warranty will be voided is if the aftermarket part caused the problem. so if you lift your truck and some thing fails with the suspension they wont cover the part under factory warranty

Products Discussed in

To Top