Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I want Toytec 3 inch lift, but don't know how to install it?

Old 02-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I want Toytec 3 inch lift, but don't know how to install it?

I decided on a Toytec lift.

But, I'm not only mechanically declined, but have no work area or tools to install the lift kit.

Can you recommend any shops in SoCal, near Long Beach that are able to install the lift kit for me?
Old 02-27-2008, 02:32 AM   #2
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
After about 20 phone calls and nearly and hour, I found that Wes at Toyota of Long Beach will install it.]

I'm kinda surprized at a Official dealer installing an aftermarket part. But, then again, my local Honda dealership is putting on lowering springs, intakes, and exhausts, due to the popularity of the ricer racer nowadays.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
dwb is on a distinguished road

dwb's Tacoma Gallery
It is kind of strange that the Toyota dealership would install the lift. The reason I say that is because when I installed my 3" Toytec a few years ago, and took it in for alignment, they told me it would void the drivetrain warranty. I thought that sounded way harsh, and only ran with the lift for a few months before removing it. Kept having the vibes and hums at speed. But hey, I'm glad to hear you have a qualified shop to do the install for you. And "get that alignment".
Old 02-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwb View Post
It is kind of strange that the Toyota dealership would install the lift. The reason I say that is because when I installed my 3" Toytec a few years ago, and took it in for alignment, they told me it would void the drivetrain warranty. I thought that sounded way harsh, and only ran with the lift for a few months before removing it. Kept having the vibes and hums at speed. But hey, I'm glad to hear you have a qualified shop to do the install for you. And "get that alignment".

Ditto, thought it was strange too, but I was provided his number by Toytec themselves.

They said they sold a few kits to the dealership and that several of their managers drive lifted trucks.

When I asked if it would void the warranty, he said, neither yes or no. What he did say was that "you'd have some problems getting warranty work done". I took this to mean that it would.

I'd rather have them install it since all they deal with is TOYOTA stuff and have done it before.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
as a tech for a dealership Ford says the only way Warranty will be voided is if the aftermarket part caused the problem. so if you lift your truck and some thing fails with the suspension they wont cover the part under factory warranty