Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2nd pair of skyjacker front shocks go bad within a few weeks

Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
shadisaac is on a distinguished road
Name: Shad
shadisaac's Tacoma Gallery
Question 2nd pair of skyjacker front shocks go bad within a few weeks

I had a 3 or 4inch full replacement suspension kit put on my tacoma. I had my tacoma back one day, and front skyjacker shocks were leaking fluid. They were replaced by offroad shop where I had then installed. One week after shocks were replaced, shocks are leaking again. Any idea as to what the problem could be? I have 32 inch nitto gr tires on it, I dont off road it, YET, but am getting tired of leaving truck in the shop.

I paid 1300 for lift, and 350 for labor to install.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
Exclamation what are options 1-9

Suggestions as to something different. I have full replacement leaf on the rear, but the front shocks keep leaking and going bad. What is better option, this was my first lift and my first Tacoma!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadisaac View Post
Suggestions as to something different. I have full replacement leaf on the rear, but the front shocks keep leaking and going bad. What is better option, this was my first lift and my first Tacoma!
Do you want 2.5" or 3"?

You can buy front billstein shocks 5100's and set them at 2.5". Thats less than 200.

Pro comp came out with a decent 3" I believe.

OME 3" gives you lift from the coils and new OME shocks. Great ride.

Whats the budget?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
Question

ALready paid the guy 1600 bucks to put the 3inch lift kit on. So I am expecting him to get it right. I believe it has a 3inch lift on it already. Just need new full replacement shocks in the front.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadisaac View Post
ALready paid the guy 1600 bucks to put the 3inch lift kit on. So I am expecting him to get it right. I believe it has a 3inch lift on it already. Just need new full replacement shocks in the front.
Hopefully it works
Old 11-24-2009, 05:06 AM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Yeah...I paid less for my OME lift with new UCAs than you paid for your SkyJacker lift...I'm going to vote you got screwed.

They need to keep replacing it until they install good shocks in there...If you aren't beating it up then it should be leaking. Part of the problem with having a shop do work for you means if you need stuff fixed- It's gotta go to the shop.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:34 AM   #9
Howard Roark
Gossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud of

Gossamer's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Skyjacker 4" softride on my Jeep wrangler and it was great...never had any issues. i would call Skyjacker yourself and talk with them...they are great people who believe in making things right. they'll get it squared away for you.