Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need advice on lifts

Old 11-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Condor84 is on a distinguished road
Condor84's Tacoma Gallery
Need advice on lifts

So my girlfriend has 99 Tacoma xcab v6 manual with this terrible fabtech coil+upper a-arm kit and a body lift... Needless to say it rides like crap... Right now it's on 31's and she wants to keep it that way. I'm thinking the way to go is the camburg uniballs+ coilovers, and the fabtech spindles and add-a-leaf with shackles... What do you think? We don't to to intense off roading but drive in snow quite a bit.
Thanks
Old 11-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good but heard about fabtech spindle's cracking, on desert trucks but none the less they are cracking.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'd probably just throw some bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners and call it good. Just set em at 2.5" and it'd beef it up just enough to look mean
Old 11-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
Eek... Are they all cracking in the same place? And it's her daily so, there won't be any serious desert running... And are both of the kits I'm talkin about 100% bolt on?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor84 View Post
Eek... Are they all cracking in the same place? And it's her daily so, there won't be any serious desert running... And are both of the kits I'm talkin about 100% bolt on?
Is her current lift a sub-frame type lift? Does she already have Fabtech spindles on the rig?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
i dont think it has spindles... i think it only has coils and a-arms with a body lift... do you know what the measurement is on stock or lift spindles? what exactly do you mean by sub-frame too?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor84 View Post
i dont think it has spindles... i think it only has coils and a-arms with a body lift... do you know what the measurement is on stock or lift spindles?
Is this truck a PreRunner?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
Negative on the pre-runner... I wish it was that easy lol... it says it will fit 5-lug though; or are there 5 lug prerunners too? how much fab work is needed to make the prerunner lifts work or what kits are out there?
Old 11-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #9
chirp chirp..... those are crickets....
whered you guys go? did i say something?
do i need to look at maybe going wtih the "taquito" kit?
Old 11-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
ya do the lt taquito kit, other than that i have no idea about 5 lug. give wheelers a call on monday. yotadan work for wheelers and is most likely closed.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
ya do the lt taquito kit, other than that i have no idea about 5 lug. give wheelers a call on monday. yotadan work for wheelers and is most likely closed.
Which one? 4wheel parts I'm assuming right?
Old 11-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #13
And if anyone with a first gen wouldn't mind measuring their spindle that would be awesome. (center of hub to top of spindle)
thank you!