Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My bilstein 5100 setup

Old 11-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My bilstein 5100 setup

After much debating and second guessing I finally have my lift installed. There are countless questions about the 5100 bilsteins and many people searching for answers to those questions so I wanted to post my situation so that it might help out someone. I ordered my parts with the intention of setting my 5100s at 1.75" but once I received them and installed the AAL I began wondering if I should go to 2.5" The worry of alignment issues (don't have the cash for uca's right now) finally convinced me to go with 1.75" and I am glad I did. I installed toytecs 1.5" AAL in the rear then installed the 5100s up front and set to 1.75". I also added the toytec 1/4" spacer on the drivers side to correct the lean.

I have BFG ATs (265/70-16) and have not changed to new tires so keep that in mind with the following numbers:
Measurements before and after measured through center of wheel up to wheel well lip.
Front
Drivers side before: 34.25
Drivers side after: 36.50
Passenger side before: 34.50
Passenger side after: 36.50

Rear
Drivers side before: 36.00
Drivers side after: 38.00
Passenger side before: 36.375
Passenger side after: 38.00

As you can see the toytec spacer corrected the lean that I had.
I installed the AAL myself in about 2 hours and it was very easy. I used the masters (Chris4x4) AAL tutorial and the only kink I had was my ubolts were a different size...I think 17mm As long as you follow his instructions you will be fine.
I had the front shocks installed due to the spring compressor and potential broke arms.
Picked up the truck this afternoon from the alignment shop and it vibrated from 0 to 60mph all the way home. I am not kidding! I could feel it in the steering wheel and even in my seat. I felt sick. Called my cousin to see what he thought and he told me to drive it a day and then re-evaluate. I took it out again this evening and I can't feel any vibrations??? Again not kidding. I don't know what to make of it....but it seems to be fine now. I have no tracking issues or anything. If the AAL settles any I am going to regret getting the 1.5 and not the 2.0 because my truck is almost dead level now and I don't want to be nose high. Oh well at least the AAL is cheap if I do have to go bigger. I have pics but it was dark out so they are taken from the garage and not so good. Let me know if you have any questions on my setup. By the way, I am already thinking of going bigger, but that will have to wait awhile.
Before
My bilstein 5100 setup-img_1300.jpg
My bilstein 5100 setup-img_1302.jpg

After
My bilstein 5100 setup-img_4187.jpg

My bilstein 5100 setup-img_4188.jpg

My bilstein 5100 setup-img_4189.jpg

My bilstein 5100 setup-img_4191.jpg

My bilstein 5100 setup-img_4192.jpg

Future mods:
Powdercoat stock rims black
Grillcraft grill
Black HID headlights
N-fab light bar
Trim mudflaps
Remove chrome steps
265/75-16 mud terrains
1.25" spidertraxx spacers
Old 11-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
nice looking truck
i just did the 5100's set to 0 and eibach pro (just under 1.75" lift by my measurments) springs this evening by myself.
haven't had an alignment done yet and i don't have any vibrating issues at all... yet. my alignment is booked in for thursday evening so we'll see how it goes.

good looking truck! i'll be putting up new pics once my truck gets cleaned
Old 11-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
nice looking truck
i just did the 5100's set to 0 and eibach pro (just under 1.75" lift by my measurments) springs this evening by myself.
haven't had an alignment done yet and i don't have any vibrating issues at all... yet. my alignment is booked in for thursday evening so we'll see how it goes.

good looking truck! i'll be putting up new pics once my truck gets cleaned
Thanks. I want to see how the 265/75s look on your truck.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
machman is on a distinguished road

Navy: MR2
machman's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great even with the stock tires. I have been worried about raising mine because I have 265/70-16's. Now I feel better.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
Tdup is on a distinguished road

Name: Trey
Tdup's Tacoma Gallery
You don't need the wheel spacers for 265's, they will fit no problem, you only need the spacers if you go up to a 285.