Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help with Spindle setup

Old 11-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
waltonhockey17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
waltonhockey17's Tacoma Gallery
Help with Spindle setup

K so im wondering how this would look and handle?
Front:
billys set at .85"
4" spindles
stock coils

Back:
3" All-pro leaf pack
and maybe upgrade to billys in the rear

wheel and tires:
already have 16" xd hoss's on 285 xtreme mud

I really like the front to be a little higher. Anyone have this setup? or would know how that will sit? Any help will be much appreciated!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
the bilstein 5100 has 4 settings: 0, .85, 1.75, and 2.5. I am sure you are talking about the .85 setting. Yes, it would look real good if you did the .85 with spindles and 3 inch leaf pack.
I used to have a similar setup on my old taco and it was nice looking. Though I did use 295/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, so they were a little larger than your 285 setup.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
ya i would do .85, you wouldnt happen to have a pic of your truck. and was your truck level or sits a little higher in the front.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I think that setup would look real nice. If you look in my build I have spindle lift with a coilover. It sits just a little higher up front like how your talking about.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...hp/photo/37616

in this picture what is your coils set at?
because that is exactly how i want mine to look
Old 11-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #7
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good on what you want to do, you will need to add the 5100's in the rear if you get that leaf pack, stock shocks are too short
Old 11-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #8
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
sounds good on what you want to do, you will need to add the 5100's in the rear if you get that leaf pack, stock shocks are too short
Um....the 5100s are the same length as the stock bilsteins, so you won't gain any down travel. You are going to have to get a reservoir shock to gain travel.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #9
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
Um....the 5100s are the same length as the stock bilsteins, so you won't gain any down travel. You are going to have to get a reservoir shock to gain travel.
the 5100's are 2" longer I thought, when i was getting my shocks rebuilt i was using the stock shocks as limit straps.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
Correct on the 5100's being the same thength as OEM, but you can get extended travle coilovers to get more travle.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
so i wont have to upgrade the rear shocks? I'm going to when i get the cash but after the spindles and leaf pack ill be broke
Old 11-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltonhockey17 View Post
so i wont have to upgrade the rear shocks? I'm going to when i get the cash but after the spindles and leaf pack ill be broke
With 3" lift, yes, you will have to get some longer shocks.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
But if he can't afford to at the time, could he run the Toytec Shock Extenders?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
I dont see why not.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #15
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
for the 3" leaf pack wouldnt some 5125's be better?
Old 11-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
for the 3" leaf pack wouldnt some 5125's be better?
Yes.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #17
alright new plan im going with a 2" aal do i still need to upgrade shocks.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #18
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
I just learned spindle lifts exist, and that they retain factory ride, i think, and thats about all I know. Anyone wanna point me in the right direction so I can do a little research. Thanks and bump!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
I just learned spindle lifts exist, and that they retain factory ride, i think, and thats about all I know. Anyone wanna point me in the right direction so I can do a little research. Thanks and bump!
Check out Camburgs 4 inch spindles...those things are amazing! "06Blues" is running em on here...heres a pic of his setup
Old 11-29-2009, 11:33 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
call camburg and total chaos, make sure to tell them you have a 4 cyl, i don't think it matters but make sure, and yes you can get the spindle and it retains stock geometry.