LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon 0"-3.5" coilovers who has them?

Old 11-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: DAV
Name: michael
07speedwayblue's Tacoma Gallery
Icon 0"-3.5" coilovers who has them?

Hi all !! This is my first post! I bought my wife a 2007 speedway blue double cab 4x4 long bed about a year agao now. Anyways I have a big ford f250 lifed up with an Icon 12.5" lift kit and I was looking into the Icon 0" to 3.5" coilovers for your truck. For those of you that have/run the Icons , do any of you have them adjusted up to 3.5" of lift? Thanks for any and all input!!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
welcome.... well if it maxs out at 3.5" of lift its gonna ride like shit... cuz thats how high i had my kings before i got my lift spindles... someone correct me if i am wrong there not made for "lift"... someone was talking about them ill have to find the thread tho.. and right on with the Speedway blue color...
Old 11-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
^^^ yes zziirr
Your kind of right though. You get less performance out of them when they are cranked. Mine are at 3 right now and ride fine. Maybe just because they are fox's idk.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Your kind of right though. You get less performance out of them when they are cranked. Mine are at 3 right now and ride fine. Maybe just because they are fox's idk.
when i had mine cranked up they rode like shit... but then again i havent got my UCAs yet... that is prolly the difference maker right there...
Old 11-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light

I could see them riding bad maxed out!! that would make sense!! I know very little about tacoma`s , I know alot about superduty`s! I`m looking for a way to get more than 2.5" -3" of lift but under the 6" height. I know the RCD makes the 5" , but for what it costs you might as well get the 6" lift. I`ve searched alot on toyota nation, and on the net , I found this site searching for info, REALLY seams like a great site!! Anyway, thanks for the help!! Also the education!!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07speedwayblue View Post
I could see them riding bad maxed out!! that would make sense!! I know very little about tacoma`s , I know alot about superduty`s! I`m looking for a way to get more than 2.5" -3" of lift but under the 6" height. I know the RCD makes the 5" , but for what it costs you might as well get the 6" lift. I`ve searched alot on toyota nation, and on the net , I found this site searching for info, REALLY seams like a great site!! Anyway, thanks for the help!! Also the education!!
dude post some pics of the f250. it looks swesome
Old 11-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
KR FAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07speedwayblue View Post
for sure bro... the only thing i could recommend but it wouldnt be good for your application is lift spindles.. but those are For prerunners.... There 4" lift spindles and i have my kings set at an inch 5" total front... i havent seen anything else other than what u mentioned as far as lift...
Old 11-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
KR FAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
sure crank them up untill just before your CVB fins rub if you got 4WD

I mean your pretensioning the springs so its going to take more to compress them, ergo a stiffer (some will read rougher) ride.

you might get 3+ over the stock measurements.
if u go above 3 get a UCA as well u got too.....
Old 11-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #14

I`ts a 2002 f250 with Icon 12.5" (netted me 14" of lift) 7.3L psd. I have clocked transfer case w/new crossmember, crossover steering, OneUpOffroad traction block /bar system , OUO driveline drop bracket, dual Icon shocks upfront. Pearl silver with purple custom flame paint and tons of other stuff.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #15
shockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to all
Name: Dustin
shockittillyareconizeit's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah man, if you're thinking about getting the 5" lift, you might as well get the 6". If it were a prerunner i would suggest the camburg lift spindles that give 4" by themselves, then you could add some more height with the CO's if you wanted, but there aren't as many lift options for the 4x4. I have a prerunner and i'm running my ICON's at like 2.5 right now with a great ride and the height i want. Being that you own a HUGE 250 i would say your lady is gonna want something bigger than 3 probably so i'd say go with the 6. Hope that helped a little.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #19
shockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to all
Name: Dustin
shockittillyareconizeit's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck man. And when you convince your wife, post pictures after it's done.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #20
R.A.M.F (Rad Ass Mutha Fu$ka)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I had Brian @ Kings set them to the MAX Height that will keep the great ride and give me a nice lift. So I'm @ 2.75 to 3inch of lift. Rides amazing and I'm sitting like high.

Love my Coilovers!