Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear break line instelation

Old 11-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Rear break line instelation

Hello! First of all, Im back from my deployment! YAY!!!!!! Second, I just orderd Wheelersoffroad.com's full OME rear end line up. I also orderd some extended rear break lines. Wheelers said I don't HAVE to have them, but if I go off roading there is a small % I would get enough droop to over extend the stock ones. ANYWAYS, How do I go about changing/bleeding/refilling them and avoid air in the lines? Oh,ya I Have an 06 preruuner. Thanx. Ken.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Glad your back!!!!! How much rear lift will you have? And what rear shocks?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Im going from my 2'' Toytec AAL to the OME Dakars so all said and done 2.75'' after they settle in Im asuming 2.5''. And I got the OME shocks that are recomended with the springs. Can't remember the part #.
The OME shocks will limit the down travle. You can install a spacer on the brake line braket to give the required amount of play. PackerfanXD has it on his truck, and could post a pic for ya.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey, sorry I didn't reply, the wife booted me ofline for a sec. Pics of that bracket would be awesome! If I can just throw in a spacer instead of bleeding my whole system, would save a lot of work. Me and a friend from work are going to put everything on here in a week or so. Thanks Chris!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #6

Ya, i hear ya. just wanted to see the pics Chris mentioned. Then I could decide what would be best. And as for the bleed ding of the breaks, Im sure it's easy, just never done it before, especialy with drum breaks. Every time I've changed my pads I just use the old C clamp trick. Which i know is not the best for your system, i just do it very slowly.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Hey, sorry I didn't reply, the wife booted me ofline for a sec. Pics of that bracket would be awesome! If I can just throw in a spacer instead of bleeding my whole system, would save a lot of work. Me and a friend from work are going to put everything on here in a week or so. Thanks Chris!!!
Send a PM to PackerfanXD and see if he can take a pic for ya. I dont have one of his truck