Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Billies 5100 1.75 lift very happy

Old 11-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
superbikedad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
superbikedad's Tacoma Gallery
Billies 5100 1.75 lift very happy

Finally did it. Installed Bilstien 5100's in all for corners.
Set the fronts to 1.75 and installed 1" block in the rear
on stock springs no tsb because truck is out of warranty.
Tires are 265/70/16. Drives great.
Attached Thumbnails
Billies 5100 1.75 lift very happy-img00001-1-.jpg  
Old 11-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
well.....
Rustyota has a spectacular aura aboutRustyota has a spectacular aura aboutRustyota has a spectacular aura about

Rustyota's Tacoma Gallery
Does look great! Did you have any issues with alignment? I just installed the 5100s set to 1.75 and they say they can't get the caster back. Weird too that they got it for the right side but can't get it on the left, so it pulls left (suck!)

again, looks great.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyota View Post
Does look great! Did you have any issues with alignment? I just installed the 5100s set to 1.75 and they say they can't get the caster back. Weird too that they got it for the right side but can't get it on the left, so it pulls left (suck!)

again, looks great.
I just installed the lift over the holiday weekend. Truck goes in Saturday for alignment. It drives pretty good now so hoping not to have any issues.
I will post if there is an alignment problem. Hopefully you can get yours figured out.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I'm wanting to go 1.75" with 265/75/16's when the factory BFG's wear out.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
well.....
Rustyota has a spectacular aura aboutRustyota has a spectacular aura aboutRustyota has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbikedad View Post
I just installed the lift over the holiday weekend. Truck goes in Saturday for alignment. It drives pretty good now so hoping not to have any issues.
I will post if there is an alignment problem. Hopefully you can get yours figured out.
I'd really love to find out how that goes. I'm not sure whether I've taken it to the wrong shop or if it really is a problem. It's frustrating. Worst part is that mine drove fine before they aligned it, now it drives like poop. Please let me know how it goes!!

cheers
Old 11-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
c-slak is a glorious beacon of lightc-slak is a glorious beacon of lightc-slak is a glorious beacon of lightc-slak is a glorious beacon of lightc-slak is a glorious beacon of light

c-slak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd really love to find out how that goes. I'm not sure whether I've taken it to the wrong shop or if it really is a problem. It's frustrating. Worst part is that mine drove fine before they aligned it, now it drives like poop. Please let me know how it goes!!

cheers
Go to a different alignment shop or go back and have them do it again. I got mine pretty close to ideal with 5100s at 1.75 with toytec 1/4" top plate spacers. Camber is close to 0* and caster is at 2.3/ 2.4. It took me going back and complaining a few times for them to put in the work to get it in spec. The first time the tec came up and started defending his work saying it was "in spec" according to the computer.

Give them the exact alignment numbers you want or they will tend to do a "good enough" alignment. Then if you ask for them to hook it back up to the alignment rack they will tend to defend their work saying it is the lifts fault. Been through it at 3 different Firestones with the "lifetime alignment". Found a good shop and they will be the only ones doing it from now on.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
Looks good. I'm wanting to go 1.75" with 265/75/16's when the factory BFG's wear out.

Thanks. Yeah I want to go with a more aggressive look when I need new tires. But happy for now.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
looks good

Hey thanks Mikey D.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #10

Quote:

cheers
Yeah I agree with C-SLAK. I'd gp somewhere else. Seems like guys on here can get their trucks to align pretty well. I for sure will post after my alignment and let you know.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
c-slak is a glorious beacon of lightc-slak is a glorious beacon of lightc-slak is a glorious beacon of lightc-slak is a glorious beacon of lightc-slak is a glorious beacon of light

c-slak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbikedad View Post
Yeah I agree with C-SLAK. I'd gp somewhere else. Seems like guys on here can get their trucks to align pretty well. I for sure will post after my alignment and let you know.
Looks good btw. Forgot to mention that in original post!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great bud, congrats!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-slak View Post
Go to a different alignment shop or go back and have them do it again. I got mine pretty close to ideal with 5100s at 1.75 with toytec 1/4" top plate spacers. Camber is close to 0* and caster is at 2.3/ 2.4. It took me going back and complaining a few times for them to put in the work to get it in spec. The first time the tec came up and started defending his work saying it was "in spec" according to the computer.

Give them the exact alignment numbers you want or they will tend to do a "good enough" alignment. Then if you ask for them to hook it back up to the alignment rack they will tend to defend their work saying it is the lifts fault. Been through it at 3 different Firestones with the "lifetime alignment". Found a good shop and they will be the only ones doing it from now on.
Thanks a ton! I'm gonna go to another guy and see what happens. I feel like it ought to go--it's not that big of a lift. Thanks for the input, and any other is welcome. Superbikedad--I'm interested to hear how it goes with you!cheers all.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
well.....

Hey by the way--I know I'm an idiot for having to ask this question, but I read that there is a difference in the springs between the R and L sides, which is which? I have a pink paint mark on one and a blue/gray paint mark on the other and I'm guessing this is what indicates which side is which, but I've gotten confused and don't know where they're supposed to be. Any help?