LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

squeaky leaf springs

Old 11-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
4ari trd is on a distinguished road

4ari trd's Tacoma Gallery
squeaky leaf springs

I hate how when its dry something in my rear end is always squeaking...I dont know what it is some body said it was the leaf springs..I tried all kinds of lubes and sprays and it wont go away so i need help....
Old 11-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely it is the springs. You can wedge a screwdriver between the springs and pull out the silencer pads. Then clean them up, lube them with a good grease, and reinstall them. There are four pads per a leaf pack, eight total.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ari trd View Post
I hate how when its dry something in my rear end is always squeaking...I dont know what it is some body said it was the leaf springs..I tried all kinds of lubes and sprays and it wont go away so i need help....
first...you need to pressure wash them real good, then use a dry moly type lube and spray between each spring and the anti friction pads..spray them real good too.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I had this problem on the drivers side. Got the TSB done and hasn't made a sound since
Old 11-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #6

Is it hard to take out the silencer pads?
Old 11-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ari trd View Post
Is it hard to take out the silencer pads?
No. You just need a big screwdriver and a hammer. maybe some pliers to help remove the silencer pads if the screwdriver isn't big enough to squeeze your fingers in there. Maybe you could use a pry bar.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:07 AM   #9
StarGazer is on a distinguished road

Name: MegaMan!
StarGazer's Tacoma Gallery
I used "Simple Green" to clean the pads and space between the leafs. Then I sprayed the pads and in between the leafs w/ "3-in-One" high-performance lubricant spray that I bought @ Autozone. I did this from another mod somewhere in here. I did this 6-26-10 and still I'm squeaky clean (or no squeak).

I had to use my jack on my hitch to get my truck high enough.

The spray I used.

I marked my pads w/ "white out" to remember which direction they go in.

Where my pad goes. Or came from.

This is a very simple procedure and like I said on top, I've been squeak free for three months. Drove 826 miles towing a TT through lots of rain and been driving it in above 100 degree weather around town here in Frisco, Tx.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #10

Thanks for the sweet write up. I'll give it a shot.