Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Have rear lift questions? Odd circumstance?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
Zombie Killer
High-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
High-Gear's Tacoma Gallery
Have rear lift questions? Odd circumstance?

Hello,

I had the TSB done on my 2009 TRD Off Road. I put on a Hell Bent Steel 2.5" front lift to level the truck, and now with my camper shell, and off road bumper on the rear the rear is squatted down a little more than 1/2", so the truck has a weird ass-down stance. I would expect this if it were loaded temporarily but not a good look all the time.

Should I put in a 1" lift block, and if so will I need new U-bolts?

Does anyone make a 1" add a leaf?

Do the shims sold to change the rear angle lift the truck at all?

What do you guys think?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
red taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cole
red taco's Tacoma Gallery
Almost all block kits come with new ubolts and the shims are usually added to fix vibrations not lift the truck more so I doubt you would get an inch of lift from them
Old 11-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
Zombie Killer
High-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
High-Gear's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.

Just to clarify I was asking about the shim to see if I could get the 1/2" back, not necessarily looking for 1 full inch, but that seemed like my only option.

I have seen 1" blocks without the U-bolts, that is why I wondered if they were needed.