1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wanted- soft ride, 2.75"lift, progressive coil and NO spacers..

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by chalz333, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Nov 30, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    chalz333

chalz333 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Is that too much to ask? I'm having a tough time finding answers- hope you can help.

I am going to upgrade my front suspension on my 1999 V6 extra cab long bed tacoma. It has some ranchos on it now, with a 2.5" spacer for lift. I have 285 tires that rub a little, but seems good enough.

I want to get rid of that spacer and have more travel in it's place. Wouldn't a longer coil take that spacer out with the same lift and more travel? I have been looking at all the options and it is impossible to tell how it's going to effect my ride. I want a soft, plush ride. I don't want to stiffen up a spring with preload so rides rough.

The Bilstein 5100 series has got my eye because it's cheap, and seems like the best bang for my buck. But what kind of coil should go with it? Does anyone make a dual rate, or progressive spring for that which will give a soft ride?

I would spend up to 1K but would like to get out of this as cheap as possible. I mainly ride jeep roads out in the dessert in Arizona. I'm not rock crawling or mudding- I like to drive fast (40mph) over small bumps that need to get smoothed out with this upgrade.

Has anyone out there found a good solution that they have installed and tested that will fit what I'm looking for?
    ~Chalz

Products Discussed in

To Top